Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

Does anyone know where to buy plastic crib protectors these days?

I have looked everywhere for them, but they do not exist anymore for cribs I swear! I need one that fits around the whole crib mattress and zips up though! Any help would be much appreciated :)

Answer Question

Asked by sarah07xo at 12:09 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

Level 3 (16 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • Sorry. I do not, but I gave you a bump. Good luck! :)

    Answer by Tink05215 at 12:11 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

  • I have no idea, I have never seen them like that. I have one on my sons twin mattress but it doesn't go all the way around, it just fits like a sheet. I got that at walmart about 3 years ago.

    Answer by austinsmama1106 at 12:14 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

  • I got one at target back in 2006. I don't think I've seen them since then.

    Answer by glam.fairy at 12:21 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

  • Plastic wouldn't be sold for cribs any more, it's a SIDs risk. You can get protectors, but they won't be plastic.

    Answer by Candi1024 at 12:29 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

  • Ah, you can find one on

    Candi- it actually isn't. The cover on almost all crib mattresses are vinyl. The protectors fit very, very snugly, they do not pose a risk or threat and are within safety standard. The problem is, that the ones you lay down under a sheet have become more popular and in demand, mainly because they're easier to change.
    The protectors are best used when you're using a mattress that has already seen one child, or you intend to use it for another child and do not want it damaged.

    Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:49 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.