Have you ever had an adult tooth fall out?

This is embarrassing, but one of my canine teeth is very loose. The gum is receded, and it appears that if I gave it a good yank, the whole thing would come out. If I did so, would there be residual pain, or just the immediate pain. I work in a call center, so I use my mouth a lot.

Please don't suggest I see a dentist. I have no dental, and I'm going broke paying for my daughter's braces. The kids come first.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Health

• The whole tooth would not come out. There would be some tooth left embedded in the gum. It could cause u pain. I had this problem. message me and we'll talk.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:31 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I had the same thing happen to me. One tooth grew in crooked and pushed another one out of place making it loose. Through the years my guns receded and the tooth got looser and looser ... until one day it really did fall out (THE WHOLE THING....root and all) It was starting to cause me a lot of pain toward the end but like you, I had no dental insurance. When it did fall out, there was a bit of bleeding like there is when you lose a baby tooth and then it healed up fine. I was LUCKY. I wish you the best.
    BigMammaRed

Answer by BigMammaRed at 12:39 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• BigMammaRed was lucky. The whole tooth does not always come out.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:41 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• There are many dentists who use carecredit. You need to see a dentist, mama.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 12:49 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• And more info is here for the uninsured:

http://www.1800dentist.com/dental-health-news/no-dental-insurance
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 12:50 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• It depends on the condition of the tooth--- sometimes the tooth will come out root and all, other times the tooth will break and the root will still be attached.
    It would be best to see a dentist and have him/her safely remove the tooth...
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:57 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Yes, see a Dentist. If you have a University with a Dental School nearby, they will take patients who need financial help and they do good work for a minimum fee. That was how I got my dental work done while I was in college and couldn't afford to see a regular dentist. YOUR Dental health is so important---it effects your whle body and you need to be healthy for your kids! Take good care of yourself!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 1:34 PM on Jun. 21, 2011