My son's friend stopped talking to him. He is a very snobby kid who does not believe in being friends with other people if they are a darker color. I commended my son for not being friends with such a snobby kid.

His mom is fb friends with me and lately every day she is commenting on my statuses and pics. I thought it was odd being that when my father passed she said that her son never told ner that my father died. Today I see pics on fb of my son's former friend with his other friend female that my son was also friends with at an amusement park and other family members. They used to go with my son every year. I feel so bad for my son and I feel like a jerk for talking to the mom. What should I do? The mom was always competitive with the boys. ALways trying to get her son to do whatever my son does. He dropped out of soccer and my son is on the team doing well. Any advice???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• Ignore her and stop talking to her! That is her way of being a bully to u and your son!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:39 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• First off I'm just curious why this boy was ever friends with your son in the first place if he "doesn't believe in being friends with someone darker"? Is this a recent thing? Anyway, just ask the mom what happened. Sounds like she may not know exactly why her son and your son aren't friends anymore. Kids do grow apart.... If she turns out ot be a b*tch about it simply delete her from your FB and move on.
    Anonymous

• If you are not truly friends with her and your son is not with her son, then you could delete her off fb. People like her are like slow poison.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 1:06 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Well if it were me I would simply delete and block her from my fb friends. Why put up with her passive/aggressiveness and her comments. Plus it sounds like she is a bit snobby herself, and that is probably where the kid got his attitude from. You and your son are better off w/o these 'phony' people, who seem to value looks/status, more than people. I hope your son has many other good friends, and not to waste time mourning the loss of this one.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:11 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• She is very passive agressive with me. She will talk about what a nice man my father was since he passed and then not tell me she is moving since she wants to live in a more upscale snobby neighborhood and had this invite to others and not to my son. Her son was always very snotty and barely said hello to me. I would give him rides all the time while the father would be sleeping on his couch and car in the driveway.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:58 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• My husband used to go to school with her husband.My husband does not like them at all.The boys both go to the same private school. So she lives up the block tentatively so as soon as she moves I will, but for now I have to be diplomatic about it even inside I want to tell her to pounce
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:09 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• No he is very sensitive but aware of how mean other children can be. But he is surrounded by new friends with the same values and interests like playing sports and he visits another friend that moved away 7 yars ago.Its amazing how some friendships survive....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:15 PM on Jun. 21, 2011