What do I say to this person about this job I want?

I've worked for this company before. I really want to work there again. They are hiring. One person is standing in my way, possibly. If anyone is, it's her, but I'm not sure why. I did just leave the job with no notice, but there was a good reason for it. Bad circumstances, I felt like I could possibly get in trouble for. However, those issues have been removed. Yeah, they were fired eventually. So, question is how do I get the job back now? What do I say to her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Money & Work

• To the person standing in your way? Or to the person doing the hiring? If she's not the one who would ultimately put you back to work, then I wouldn't even address her. I'd go to the hiring manager, explain the past (the cliff's notes, not the novel), explain what's changed in your present, and how you can fill the position and do well for them.

good luck-
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 12:44 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• tricky. u could say u would like to come back. u really liked working there. U r a good worker and a valuable employee.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:43 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I'm sorry, but if someone quit without notice, in my opinion that would make them ineligible for rehire
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:00 PM on Jun. 21, 2011