Piercings and tattoos...

So I was a little ballsy this week and in one day I got my nipples pierced, my belly button re-pierced and a tattoo.... They did a great job, but in all the commotion, I got no after-care advice. I know it sounds crazy that I didnt ask, and that they didnt say. It was a crazy day. I know to put A&D on my tattoo, but any piercing advice specifically for nipple piercings would be helpful... By the way, to any who are considering this, IT HURTS!

LovinMyMikayla

Asked by LovinMyMikayla at 11:17 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Health

• http://hivetattoo.com/

This is my tattooist/piercer..they have after care instructions...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 11:24 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• They should have given you some sea salt and some instructions. Please call them back and ask, or else you're going to end up having to take the piercings out because they got infected.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 3:34 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• You run a high risk of piercing infection so get the sea water asap. It is rare, but I read a news story of one woman who got an infection from a nipple piercing and had to have the breast removed to stop the infection. My niece got an infection from the hospital after delivery and spent months packing and treating the infection in her breast. She is fortunate they were able to contain it. She was on major antibiotics and weekly irrigating and packing. My son got a major infection from piercing and he used all the water and creams---it cost him over $1000 to treat. He said that was the stupidest thing he has ever done. He no longer has his:-)

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I had mine done (nipples) I used Bactine spray you can get at walmart or wallgreens. Its anitbacterial and had antistetic in it so it helps. Even with this and good soap and water mine never seemed to heal. I had to take them out for a test and could never get them back in.
    CocoMason

Answer by CocoMason at 12:15 AM on Dec. 14, 2008