Adoption

Ok this is a serious subject ladies, and I was just wondering.. has anyone who is having trouble TTC or who has serious fertility issues, ever considered, or thought about adoption. Share your thoughts..

I myself have thought of it, if infact thru my TTC it turns out that i am truly anable to conceive. I think being able to give a good life to a child who, otherwise is the product of orphanage or group homes, would be a blessing. But i am not to that point in my life, and am avid about having my own child.

Wanabmommy

Asked by Wanabmommy at 12:57 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I can have my own children, but in your case I have given a child to adoption I gave a boy to a man and woman who tried for 6 years to have a baby. It took them a year to decide whether or not to adopt. I truly hope that you can eventually conceive if not Id be more than happy to help you find a baby their everywhere and a lot of the time 15 and 16 yr old's keep their children and surrender their lives because they cant find adoptive families! you message me if you need any help Ill help you I'm sure other ladies would be just as happy as I am to help!
    HypoHeartBaby

Answer by HypoHeartBaby at 1:03 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• One other thing after that man and woman adopted my boy they had a daughter 2 yrs after!
    HypoHeartBaby

Answer by HypoHeartBaby at 1:05 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• i say yes because every-one deserves a chance too love, a child , my nephew & his wife adopted a baby in Ohio last Oct best thing ever i say good luck god bless you cause childern need love
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 1:05 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I have had many hardhships over infertility. Me and my husband have tried to have a baby for 9 years. I was 32 years old when I decided that it just wasn't possible for me. I made peace with it. I then started looking into adoption and I was advised by an old friend out of state who has also adopted to travel out of the country and seek out orpahnages there. I went to Cambodia, China, and Russia. I did a lot of volunteer work in all of those countries and one day there was a big rush in the hospital I was volunteering at and when I went to see the commotion it was said that a mother had died in a car accident and her 3 month old son was spared. I took one look at the child while they were getting his vitals and I knew, I knew that he needed me. I needed him. Long story a little shorter, my son is 7 1/2 and I could not be happier. We adopted 1 more time after but I will never forget that moment. You will know when you're ready.
    Anonymous

• I am sorry for your struggle. If you are not ready to consider adoption, what are you considering? If/when you are ready to think about adoption, you might think about looking into foster to adopt programs. Babies to teens are looking for real, loving homes. Best wishes to you and your family.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 1:28 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Ochsamom, I am only 23 years old, but have been trying for 1 year and 6 months now to have a child of my own with no luck. My husband and I are feeling as if we are doing something wrong.. but we've done everything that everyone suggests and followed every fertility instruction given and read so many books.. and nothing. I don't know when/if i will decide that it's just not possible for me, but i like to know that there are options out there and I thank you for your well wishes
    Wanabmommy

Comment by Wanabmommy (original poster) at 3:14 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• And to all of you ladies who have offered support and opinions.. i thank you from the bottom of my heart because this is my life's mission. I have made it my mission because it is my hearts passion to have a child, to be called mommy, to feel the love that only a child can give..
    Wanabmommy

Comment by Wanabmommy (original poster) at 3:16 PM on Jun. 21, 2011