Foodstamp and check budget.

Ok i have like 300 in foodstamp that are for my mom, my bro and , me.
My mom only spends like 100 bucks on her food budget and thats including my bro.
My bro goes to daycare so they provide him with food there, then he goes to his dads every other weekend and , my mom is at work all day and rarely even eats when she gets home all she really eats is junk food. If ur wondering y im living with my mom: 19 yrs old with my 2 month old son, just got out of very bad relationship and trying to get ged. ong story short. Anyways i want to teach my son good eating habits and get him+me on a schedule, So i basically want to cook everynight for everyone (my bro dosent want to eat the good food so thats not my problem) So its not gonna be a very big meal. I plan on eating leftovers the next night so i will only be cooking a fresh meal every other night.
So can anyone tell me what kinda cheap but good foods to buy that will last like(rice etc) on a 200 dollar budget? Thats also including breakfast food...im having trouble coming up with a list of stuff lol I usually cook beef stew and mix it with either rice or noodles i like meat and stuff so u catch my drift. Any ideas? oh and just in case u need to know, i am in a fit condition.(not overweight) ....

renah164

Asked by renah164 at 1:13 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• If you have an Aldi's store near you thats the best place to shop other wise think of healthy food ideas (allrecipes.com) then go to the store and shop for the cheap of the cheap go to krogers too good healthy and cheap!
    HypoHeartBaby

Answer by HypoHeartBaby at 1:17 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I agree,Aldi's is a good place to shop,also clip coupons. A stir fry is a cheap meal,we are a family of 3 and a chicken breast and some veggies make a nice stir fry. Also a chicken breast split into thin slices across a green salad makes food stretch, egg dishes are good choices as is beans/rice/veggies.
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 2:27 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I use coupons when I shop and that helps but here is a few ideas. French toast, pancakes, oatmeal, cereal, mac and cheese and can add a can of peas and tuna for a casserola, canned tuna or chicken, lunch meat, top roman, hot dogs, corn bread, homemade pizza and if crust is to much money can do on english muffins, my husband makes meal that sounds strange but very good. You take mashed pt and hamburger and creamed corn, hamburger helper, you can do a lot with chicken, tacos. Compare prices, coupons and I save about 100 a week with them, aldis is good, save alot is good. I do most of my shopping at kroger which I can print and down load for kroger. Try free samples sites and that might help some.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:35 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• www.hip2save.com is a great website if you use coupons.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:27 PM on Jun. 22, 2011