Are some of us being hypocrites when we're here on CM talking about how lazy people are?

I'll be the first to admit I'm on here a whole lot, but I'm not complaining about others being lazy. Honestly it's a little hypocritical for people to be calling people lazy, when being on CM is an extracurricular activity. Whether your doing it or not when your kids are asleep or playing alone, I'm sure there's plenty to do around your house that you could be doing instead of being on here. So why the rants about people being lazy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Lol, good call Anon.
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 1:19 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I don't sign on unless I have nothing else to do. Today it is hot, humid, and storming off and on. If the weather was better I would not be on here at all. I guess I could be reading or clipping coupons.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 1:20 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Actually, my house is clean, laundry is done, kitchen is cleaned up, and I'm on here relaxing. I'd never say anyone else is lazy for being on here, though, it's none of my business,and I have no place saying anything about anyone else, anymore than they do saying something about me.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 1:21 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Well I'm at work..with no work to do. lol. So this is basically what I do when I'm bored. I am never on cafemom at home though. I have other things to do there.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:19 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I think it's kind of silly. I don't call people lazy either, and I am on here a good bit. This is used as my de-stress, free time kind of thing when I'm taking a break. I do cleaning in sets, so after the third set, I take a little break.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 1:20 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I've never ranted about people being lazy on here and I don't consider myself to be lazy either. I get my cleaning and work done in the mornings and come on her in the early afternoon before my daughters get home from school so I'm sure I could find something else to do but there isn't really anything else that has to be done right now - my twin boys are with my sister and my baby boy is sitting in his bouncy chair having a staring contest with the dog.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 1:25 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• You just had to mention cleaning the toilet didn't you. I guess I could go scrub it down again. (I understand why you posted. Good point anon.)
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 1:27 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• That's funny. I'm the anon poster of the other question. And, i was criticizing, for sure. I wasn't saying that those ladies are lazy, mostly that their priorities seemed a little screwed. You can't really compare a few minutes here and there on CM with some women who literally leave for half the day or more to primp, prep, and socialize everyday. It is a whole different ballgame.
    Anonymous

• :) I see your point, OP. I see your point. It is just bothering me, partly because I have mommy acquaintances in this position who are constantly on me to meet up with them here, there, and everywhere. When I suggest a playdate, they balk, like it is somehow not considered socializing if the kids will be around. It bothers me because it is a big rift. I am not going to spend my SAHM-time lolligagging, and they are not going to spend any time with me unless I do. I am partly criticizing because I don't understand it, and i have been made to feel less-than because I won't leave my kids on a regular basis.
    Anonymous

• Because some people are just not happy unless they are bitching about what everyone else is doing.
    cheyandguilimom

Answer by cheyandguilimom at 3:57 PM on Jun. 22, 2011