How many of you had trouble getting photos of your toddler?

I took pictures of my 20 month old son this past weekend, and it was only because the week before I tried but the pictures weren't very good, does it get easier in them standing still for photos or does it just get worse?

Sillylins

Asked by Sillylins at 1:18 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have a bunch of photos of him in the car because he's trapped haha! He's eating a muffin here by the way and making a huuuge mess.

ours

Answer by ours at 10:59 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Yes, my 3 yr old still won't stay still...
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 1:20 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• im not sure that its that they wont stay still its just hard trying to find a camera that will shoot fast enough!!!
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 1:21 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I loved taking pictures of my toddlers. Talk to them. Move the camera away from your face so that they see your whole face. Say silly things. Get them to smile, zoom in close and take a lot of pictures. Keep taking them. They'll come out great.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:21 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• It just gets worse! Lol
    You need to take ALOT of pictures to get a good one.. I mean like a hundred. My DD decided to get all dressed up as Snow White this weekend and run around the house. I took about 200 shots of her on my digital camera. I got maybe 30 usable pictures. Move around. Take caption shots. Good luck!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:27 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Worse! Just follow them around and get good candid shots. You don't have to have posed pictures where they are looking at you and smiling, and shoot fast!
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 2:29 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I've taken so many pictures of my son that at this point, he'll pick up my phone, point it at himself, and say, "CHEESE!" haha. No they're not all going t turn out good (okay most won't), but you might get one or two keepers if you just keep at it. Plus I'm a big editor, so if it's something small like the photo isn't light enough or might look better b/w, I'll edit it and then maybe it'll be a keeper. :] I definitely have much less photos of him per month compared to when he was a baby and stationary though haha.

Here's a picture we took just the other weekend, he's 2 1/2 and seems like he's always moving! We either have to try to move with him for pictures, or just wait until he's sleepy enough to stay still. :]

ours

Answer by ours at 10:58 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• my son just loves taking pictures and even says cheese but he has always been that way.. even when i take him to the park or wherever to take family pictures of him i tell him well let take pictures first and then we'll play and he will just start poising for me, even at home the same way... i was just really lucky with him i guess lol... but it may get easier or worse it all depends.. but even the silly pictures that you think are just not going to come out right normally do.
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 6:08 PM on Jun. 24, 2011