Need bikini wax info..... adult content

I'm tired of shaving an using nair. I want a bikini wax. On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being worst) how bad does it hurt? Do you still get any kind of bumps like razor burn? Do you ever get used to the pain? Is there anything I can rub down there prewax to not make it hurt so bad? Will tylenol help with pain? Etc... can you tell I am scared and don't like pain....LOL

alboston

Asked by alboston at 1:23 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• its about a 15 it hurts like hell you will bleed you will get bumps and nothing can really make the pain go away I mean if you wanna do it try it once if you dont wanna do it every to every other month then you probably shouldnt :P i say try it to see what you think. but yes to me it was the hurts pain ever i would have rather given birth to 4 babies or even 6 babies at once than that i didnt even want to wear underwear for two months cuz it burnt. good luck
    HypoHeartBaby

Answer by HypoHeartBaby at 1:27 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I was actually going to get my first one done this week but Aunt Flo came to town so I had to reschedule. But my friend gets it done all the time and she says the bikini area isnt so bad, but the closer to the Labia, the worse it gets. Other than obvious reason to not go during your monthly, its also best to wait til after because you're more sensitive right before. Take asprin before and I know some places sell creams to put on before thats numbing. the one friend says its not bad and she d0es it once a month, another friend said it was the worst pain in the world, so I think it just depends on your pain tolerance. I say start with the bikini area and see how you feel before commiting to the full thing.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:28 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I have had it all done. I now do it myself.

Pain all depends on you. The first time of getting waxed will be the worst. Hair grows in 3 stages so at any point in time, you will have 2/3 of the hair. After the first wax, 3-4 weeks later, you will only have 1/3 of the hair and if you keep going every 3-4 weeks, it is only 1/3 of the hair and takes 1/2 the time of the first wax.
    On the pubic bone is the most painful. The further back/down they go, the less it hurts as most of your nerve endings are up front.
    Take tylenol an hour before. numbing creams will only cause it to take longer since it will adhere to the hair and make removal harder.
    I never bled and as for bumps, you will still get the occasional ingrown hair if you are naturally curly but unlike shaving for every 30 bumps, you MAY get 1 with waxing. I use a loofa 2-3 times a week on the area to keep the pores open so the hair will not get ingrown.
    cont.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:40 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• You will not be perfectly smooth. Since you are growing new hair that will be too short to be pulled. Don't shave it. The next wax session will remove it but then again, you will be growing new hair at that time too. The new hair will be softer unlike shaving it comes in rough and prickly.
    also over time, you will have less hair coming back.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:41 PM on Jun. 21, 2011