Same Name!

So my hubby has a cousin whose name is Noah and I always wanted to name my son Noah but he doesnt want to because there already is a Noah in the fam. Have you named your child the same name in ur fam?

shar-hulk

Asked by shar-hulk at 1:26 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Baby Names

• Ask cousin Noah what he thinks. I think it would be ok.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:30 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I named my son Adrian after an late family member but i am kinda on his side if you wanna name your son noah rock on, but i love the name isibel and now im not gonna name my daughter that cuz she has a cousin named isibel idk i think one name in the family but its all up to you!
    HypoHeartBaby

Answer by HypoHeartBaby at 1:36 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• No, no one in our family has the same nameas my daughter. I understand you want all N names, but shouldn't your husband have as much say as you do?
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:58 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I wouldn't choose the same name as any local family member, but that's just me. The bigger issue for you is that you and DH have to agree, if he doesn't like Noah, its off the table, right?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:01 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Nope.. my kids have unique names.. but if I ever have another girl.. I want to name her Kiley.. & I have a cousin names Kiley.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:27 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I'm a Becky and I have an Aunt Becky, my mom and cousin are both Meredith, but we don't have 2 people in the same generation with the same name.

I would say it depends, do they live in the same town or across the country?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:28 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• yes they do live in the same town
    shar-hulk

Comment by shar-hulk (original poster) at 1:30 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• is this your DH's cousin, as in an adult, or another child? Would they have different last names?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:33 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• its my hubby's 2nd cousin's son's name and yes they would have different last names..hmmm im going to hold my ground for that name. I wants N names, my daughters name is Nariah and my son will be Noah.
    shar-hulk

Comment by shar-hulk (original poster) at 1:35 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I wanted to name my 1st baby Shawn Michael (no,there was no wrestler named that at the time). But, my ex-hubby's aunt had a baby boy who passed away named Michael Shawn, so he thought we shouldn't name our baby that, to keep from upsetting her (we only saw her maybe 3 times in our whole lives). But, I relented, and we named him after ex.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 1:51 PM on Jun. 21, 2011