Plze help on this question??

My daughter is almost 26 months and she uses a regular cup during day but when it comes to maybe a nap or bedtime she still wants her sippy cup..and its a soft one.I know i need to take it away.Is there ne easy way to take it away?

babygurl318

Asked by babygurl318 at 11:23 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• no not really you just do it and she'll get used to it on her own time
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 11:32 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Cold turkey mom. She will get used to it. Just a couple of fussy days and she'll have forgotten all about it.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:35 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Just do it! If she has it for naps ans bed time then take it away slowly.
    We took my son's bottle he had for sleeping times away in stages. He was about 20 months and the first to go was the nap bottle. He cried and then after a few days of adjusting we took his night time bottle away. Odd as it sounds he started sleeping better during the night!
    A friend of mine also rewarded him with a no more bottle certificate that we proudly displayed and he was so happy at how proud we were of him!
    Make sure that when you decide to do this that you don't give in, it will only get harder each time you try again.
    Good luck!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 12:38 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I had to do it with both boys and I ended up just taking it away. It actually wasn't nearly as bad as I expected either time! I dreaded it because I thought they would just have huge fits, they were so attached to it, but it wasn't bad at all. My oldest cried one or two times, but would quit crying as soon as I closed his door. I just did it with my 23 mo old too, and he never cried! And it's so much easier not having to worry about getting the cup ready for bed, finding the cup in the am (always my problem!) all that. Good Luck!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 1:36 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Yup just take it away...does she get put down with it? That should have never started in the first place!
    Anonymous

• THANKS...AND YES SHE GOT PUT DWN WITH IT...IVE TAKEN IT AWAY COLD TURKEY..AND SHE CREID FOR FOUR DAYS....NO SLEEP AND REFUSED TO DRINK NETHING TILLI GAVE IN..BUT NOW SHE ONLY GETS TEH CUPPY FOR SLEEP DURING THE DAY ITS OUT OF CUPS WE USE...
    babygurl318

Answer by babygurl318 at 1:31 PM on Dec. 19, 2008