I am resentful to my SKs, wouldn't you be?

There are 3 of them. My dh pays over $1400 in child support AND pays for 75% of their activities (sports or band or whatever). He also pays alimony ($550 a month)because he ex wife was a stay at home mom most of their marriage. They are only at my house EOW but I feel like they run my life. We wanted to go on vacation this year, a really nice one, BUT his CO states his has to pay 75% of activities and all 3 kids are doing something this summer so now we can't afford it or at least not the vacation we want. I have my own children and we get child support from my ex for them but it's not nearly what my DH pays. I would love to have a child with him but we can't afford it because of the child support (and his oldest is only 13 so he will be paying for 3 for at least 5 more years). Well he just got a raise at work and, silly me, I thought lets take all the kids out and celebrate, a week later, he gets a letter in the mail saying his ex is going for an increase in child support because the kids told her he got a raise. Why can't she be happy with what she gets? I feel so resentful to the kids because I feel like they have so much more then they need and they always have more then my kids.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• I hear ya, but you knew all this going in.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 1:49 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• You are blaming kids? I feel awful for your step kids if you resent them. They are children for goodness sake.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 1:49 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• They are his kids too.. just because they aren't together anymore..doesn't mean he gets to quit. The more he gets paid, the more he pays. You should have thought about this before you got with a man with children.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:49 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• No,. I wouldn't bother being resentful. When you marry into a family this way, it's always the risk.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:50 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• How would you feel if your dh resented your kids? Food for thought.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 1:50 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I get child support for my kids! I don't have to pay it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:51 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Thats a sucky situation but I feel u on this one
    shar-hulk

Answer by shar-hulk at 1:51 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Which is also the reason I feel he pays too much because I get half for my kids what he pays for his kids yet my kids have everything they need.
    Anonymous

• I think my 2nd response flew right over your head.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 1:52 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Your ex probably makes less than your husband now. Who cares if he has to pay more for his kids.. sounds like your mad because he has to pay more to his ex than your ex pays to you. You need to grow up.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:52 PM on Jun. 21, 2011