have you ever gotten a haircut that you were really dissatisfied with??

and left the salon really sad?

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 11:36 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Oh yeah, it seems like everytime I try a salon, the mess up my hair, even though i always bring a magazine with several different pictures of the same cut so they dont get it wrong. And they always do. I resort to cutting my own now.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 11:49 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Oh hell ya, more times than I can count. Happened just last year. Mastercuts in the mall, left crying went down the hall to Penney's and got it redone. I spent about 180.00 that day. Now, I have one girl and one girl only. Actually she is expecting soon, so I need to get in there and get it done before she leaves on maternity.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:40 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• yes in third grade. lol the boys were crushing on me for my hair. I could almost sit on it. Then my grandma decided that she HAD TO cut my hair. Up to my shoulders. Then took me to a salon to fix it. Up to my ears. Sniffles
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 11:41 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Oh yes, a year ago I wanted to see how I would look with short hair. Needless to say, it looked bad.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 11:54 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• YES!!!!!!!!! 3 weeks before my dh came home from his last deployment!!!!!!!!!! You know it's bad when the best thing anyone can say about it when they see it is "wow - how did they manage to do that?"

I was able to go have someone else sort of fix it - it didn't look too bad, but it was NOWHERE near what it was supposed to look like. The kicker though was they were only supposed to trim it and tidy it up - it wasn't even a new style or anything!

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:55 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have long curly hair and I went to try a new salon recommended by a friend. The lady cut my hair and because she was pressed for time she just left my hair to air dry. A few days later I went to straighten my hair only to discover that it was the messiest most uneven hair cut ever. Couldn't have been passed off as layers, or even an intentionally choppy cut! I called them and demanded that someone fix my hair, but not the woman who originally butchered my hair. ARGH!!!!!!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 12:14 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• just before my husband came home for r&r i got a haircut...it looked like a lawnmower attacked me. so i would try to hide the bad cut in a pony tail....it looked liek a ball with a tail. so i had to cut that tail off! its pretty bad when a pony tail makes it look worse. my sister was lie "why in the world would they butcher a pregnant girls hair!" i warned my hubby that i looked like a cross between bon jovi and carol brady with the old school mullet ahahh
    CAarmywife

Answer by CAarmywife at 1:53 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• yes i was in 2nd grade and my mom decided to be cheap and cut my bangs her self . needless to say she cut them basically up to my hairline and crooked. i was devestated i cryed for days . never agian will i let her touch my hair.
    marine_wife_07

Answer by marine_wife_07 at 1:57 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Yes! I cried for like 2 days. lol. I went to this new salon my friend suggested. Her hair looked good so I thought it would be a good idea. My hair was past my shoulders and I was going for a choppy layered look a little above my shoulders. I showed the woman a picture in a magazine of what I wanted. Keep that in mind. She cuts my hair in the front up to my chin, cuts the back up to the nape of my neck and "attempts" to create a bob hair cut but it's more of a mix between a bob and a chilli bowl. She completely had her >>own<< idea of what she thought would look good because it didn't look even remotely close to the picture. I looked like a boy. When I got home everyone agreed it looked hideous and my sister who took cosmetology discovered several twigs..Big twigs where the woman had gapped my hair up.

Continued.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 2:25 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• My hair also stuck out over my ears and refused to lay down because of the way she cut it. My sister trimmed the twigs then I went to another beauty salon to see if they could do anything with it. That woman was also in shock. She couldn't believe a "professiona;" messed it up that bad and she actually had a hard time fixing it. It looked a little better and somewhat manageable but in all it still looked horrible no matter who fixed it. I called my DH..Boyfriend at the time and told him. He showed up and that night he proposed to me =) ring and all. He had already been planning to so that made me feel better.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 2:28 AM on Dec. 13, 2008