What are 2 things that are hard abt motherhood right now and .. 2 that are a blast

? how old are your LO'S?

Rydersmommy616

Asked by Rydersmommy616 at 2:09 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• 2THINGS for me that are hard.. are.. My son has terrible nightmares right now .. and the sleep deprivation is worse then when he was a new born.. and another that is hard is staying patient
    Rydersmommy616

Comment by Rydersmommy616 (original poster) at 2:10 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• 2 that are a blast are all the hugs kisses and I love you's// and its really fun watching him learn to swim:)
    Rydersmommy616

Comment by Rydersmommy616 (original poster) at 2:11 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• 2 things that are hard right now:
    *letting my oldest son go to another state for the summer.i'm getting a hard lesson in letting go before I'm ready to let go :(
    *not sleeping through the night because the baby hasn't slept through the night since he was born 9 months ago,lol

2 things that are a blast
    *watching my youngest learn to stand and crawl and put his chubby little arms high up into the air when I ask "how big is Gaige?" lol
    *and all the amazement that comes with having a beautiful and amazing little girl :)

My children are 11 years, 2 years and 9 months. :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:14 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I think trying to get your toddler to eat food and Playing nice with others are the hardest
    I think as they get older the more fun things you can do with your child and just seeing your child develop is amazing
    Cass3108

Answer by Cass3108 at 2:14 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• The two hardest thing right now are potty training my 2 year old son and being the referee to the older kids when they (constatnly) fight.

The two best things---Being amazed everyday at a new word Ben (2 year old) knows. He says something new everyday. I love watching his vocabulary grow and crack up at the ways he can express himself now. The other is being out in the sunshine with all three of my kids. I love being outside on a hot day, swimming or letting them run through the sprinkler. Eating popsicles, blowing bubbles. I love getting to soak up the sun and enjoy my babies on a pretty day!

Great question, by the way! :D
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 2:16 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I have three little girls-- 6years, 4years, 6months.

2 hard things--raising them by myself & their developing attitudes
    2 best things--watching them grow & seeing them smile
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:19 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Two things that are hard:

staying mindfully connected/present in the moment & being aware of my stress load (people stressed from an early age may not realize just how stressed they often are; this can be a tricky point for me. I notice the "later" signals such as feeling irritated/annoyed or getting angry, and usually am connected enough to NOTICE it in myself rather than reacting. Which is great, but it would be even better to be MORE in touch with my experience so the stress doesn't GET to that point!)

staying oriented toward each child's validity when responding to very triggering behaviors (such as when one of my toddler twins will push/hit/bite the other when frustrated)

Two things that are a blast:

Having my 7-year-old home every day now that school is out, and seeing her so tickled & delighted by her little brothers

Seeing how amazingly my little ones respond to "reflective listening" & how it transforms things
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 3:35 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I forgot to say that I have three kids: my daughter is 7 and my twins will be 3 in one month.

The kisses & the chatter are pretty awesome right now, too! And my heart goes out to all the mama's mentioning the sleep deprivation; I know that is so difficult!!

Probably the most dramatically wonderful things about motherhood for me right now is the frequency of sheer joy, at "odd" times that could typically be frustrating, like when I'm in a hurry (trying to make an appointment) or when I can't accommodate a request made by a toddler, or when we have a potentially difficult transition (stop playing & get in the carseats, "under pressure" in a restaurant/in public with twin toddlers, etc.) I just feel so satisfied & joyful, like I am on a team and supported, like these kids are team players, and it is such an affirmation & confirmation! What could be stressful.....isn't. I love connection-oriented parenting!!
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 4:05 PM on Jun. 21, 2011