BeautifulPeople.com invaded by 30,000 so-called uglies?

BeautifulPeople.com, a dating website so vain it probably thinks this article's about it (and it is!), was briefly invaded by 30,000 "ugly" people who were granted membership thanks to a Shrek virus, likely planted by a reject.

So what makes for a perfect BeautifulPeople.com member? Hodge told us, "Men will vote on women based solely on how they look...surprise, surprise. Women look at the bigger overall picture; yes, the men have to be attractive but they also have to write a reasonably articulate profile description, show a little character or sense of humor. A high income also helps as does a picture showing a good lifestyle."

When asked what message she had for those who were rejected, she said, "
Bye bye! No, seriously, I would say don't take it too hard. I'm a make-up artist working in the beauty business in L.A! I see rejection all the time. Everyone has their strengths. You have to pick yourself up and get on with real life."

Story continues below

One of the women trying to do so is Kate, 32, also from L.A. (Full disclosure: we also received her name from BeautifulPeople's PR, but she sounded genuinely upset.) Her friends had encouraged her to join the site for some time and she was let through around May 19 or 20, thanks to the Shrek virus. She told HuffPost that her stint as a member "was fun. I made some friends in the forum and got a few nice messages. And suddenly I received an e-mail reading, 'Sorry to inform you, you're not beautiful enough,' with a support number to call."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/20/beautifulpeople-hacked_n_880270.html

tasches

Asked by tasches at 2:13 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• "...Well if you think real beauty's on the outside
    Well that's a far cry
    From the truth

Maybe all the information you received
    Well you should not believe
    There's no proof

Save yourself from all the lies of the beautiful people
    It's time to run from the lies of the beautiful people..."

*Lies of the beautiful people- by Sixx AM

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:14 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• That is one messed up site. Unfortunately it says a lot about society.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 2:14 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• well, if the people are superficial enough to want to be on it, they can't get mad when others are just as superficial. it's like they can dish it out but they can't take it.
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 2:18 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I agree with juliness! It seems as though this girl kate was convinced by her friends to join so excluding her.
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 2:22 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Doesn't surprise me that society can get anymore pig headed
    djavongirl

Answer by djavongirl at 1:38 PM on Jun. 22, 2011