My daughter is 11 and she wants a wavy hair perm. her hair is biracial curly but i dont know if its good for her! what should i do should i let her?

should my 11 year old daughter with biracial curly hair get a wavy hair perm?

messibabe

Asked by messibabe at 2:13 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Take her to the internet and look up perms. There are horror stories everywhere! It might make her change her mind.
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 2:16 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• My older sisters hair used to be straight as an arrow. So beautiful. Well around the same age as your daughter she started begging my mom for a perm. So finally after soo much begging and pleading, my mom said ok. Well she got the perm and it never fell out. My sis is 30 years old now and her hair is now so thick and curly. Literally looks like a lion mane and she regrets ever getting it. To straighten it is a nightmare and even to was it is a hassle for her. I would say wait til she is older. Tell her she is beautiful just the way she is(:
    Tiffany.P

Answer by Tiffany.P at 2:30 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I was probably around that age when i got my first perm but I am also a white girl with just slight body to my hair. I've had several perms in my life and have never had a problem with it but everyone is different. Perhaps looking up some information on perms especially perming textured hair so you can make an informed decision
    DianeMary

Answer by DianeMary at 5:42 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I don't know WHY she would need a Perm if she already has curly hair???

I have very straight hair and I loved when I had a perm but now I am having my hair colored and a perm would be damaging.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 8:44 PM on Jun. 22, 2011