Potty training help.. Whats the next step?

My DD turned 2 in May. We have been attepting potty training on and off for a while.. But this week she decided to do it. And I am not talking about me reminding her to go every 10 minutes. She has been running around in just a tshirt, and walking over to her potty, sitting down, and peeing by herself when she needs to. 3 days and no accidents. Soooo. She knows when she needs to go. She knows where to go. But she wont try going on the actual toilet, and she doesnt let me know when, she just does it.
Where do I go from here? Do I try and take her out, and keep asking her, hoping she will tell me? Try pull ups? I just seem a little lost on what to do from here. What is the next step?
Thanks ladies!

Mme.Langley

Asked by Mme.Langley at 2:24 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If she's doing that well all on her own..I'd just take her to the store, let her pick out some big girl panties and just keep going with it.
    My 2 year old is potty training too. I bought her pull ups BUT she only wears them for bedtime and naps. I pack a diaper bag with about 3 changes of clothes if were going out for awhile..she refuses to put on a pull up or diaper to go into the car,lol. I actually put her little potty chair in our van when we go somewhere and I know we'll be gone for awhile.Its really come in handy.
    Don't force the big toilet..she'll sit on it when she's ready. Maybe you can get her comfortable with the idea of it by having her help you empty her potty chair into the big potty and then let her flush the toilet. Thats what worked for my daughter, now she goes right on it without even telling ,me,lol. Good Luck! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:30 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Don't use pull ups. That's a step backwards. Just keep doing what you are doing. Bring a potty seat that fits on the real toilet with you when you go out. That's what I did. But only for a few days, then she went on the real toilet, but she was 3 1/2.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:38 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Great video tips on this at http://www.toddlerbedandmore.com under Toddler Tips For Parents...great information there!
    toddler101

Answer by toddler101 at 4:07 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• i used pull ups only for bedtime, naps and when went for far drives for like a week till my 2 year old got it and now no accidents he will tell us everytime he has to go pee and poop... but like the first mom said definetly pack extra clothes just incase... as for her using the big toilet i would take her potty out and get a stool or just try putting her on the toilet yourself so that she gets the feel for it.. GL and good for her and you that she wants to do it on her own.
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 5:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2011