Weight Loss During Pregnancy

I started my pregnancy out at 181 lbs. Now I am down to 176 and I am 10 weeks. I know some times you tend to loose weight and gain it too. But Im concerned that loosing too much weight isnt going to be good.. Help..

melissab87

Asked by melissab87 at 2:29 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Health

• That happened to me as well, but it was because I was losing muscle weight and I had some morning sickness. You are just fine! Many women go through the same thing. My baby was born very healthy, big and strong.
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 2:31 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Oh yea, perfectly normal. I did the same thing early in pregnancy. I actually lost a total of 10 lbs in the first trimester. Then I gained weight, then during week 34 I lost 5 lbs. LOL I have fluctuated alot :) As long as your doctor is not worried... than all is good! :)
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 2:36 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Thank you!!
    melissab87

Comment by melissab87 (original poster) at 2:36 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• What is most important is to stay healthy and fit , you definitely need to be exercising , makes for a better delivery for you and baby...as well as health benefits for you both. There are some great ones to do @ http://toddlerbedandmore.blogspot.com/2011/06/how-to-excercise-when-you-are-pregnant.html
    toddler101

Answer by toddler101 at 4:05 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Losing some weight while pregnant is okay, especially if you are just eating plenty of healthy food and exercising. I agree with toddler101...exercising daily for your whole pregnancy, even if it's just walking or swimming, makes for an easier delivery because your muscles are staying toned even as you change shape and things have to stretch and move. I walked literally every day (well, if it wasn't raining) during my pregnancy and I did gain weight...but my labor was only 5 hours long with 2 pushes! I really think having my muscles toned helped. Plus birth is like a marathon! You need all the strength you can get!!! Make sure you're eating enough calories (I don't remember what the recommended increase is for pregnancy but I'm sure you can find it or ask your doc/mw) and staying active and don't worry about which way the scale moves. :D
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 4:22 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• ive never heard of anyone losing weight while being prego
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 1:05 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• i lost 37lbs in the first few weeks of my last pregnancy.. i was very very very sick for the first six months. but my son was big and perfectly healthy 9lbs 9 ounces...
    luvmy2kids91

Answer by luvmy2kids91 at 10:51 PM on Jun. 22, 2011