Should I go

My marriage is falling apart. He has already paid 1500 to an attorney 3 months ago but hasnt served me. He says he changes his mind back and forth everyday. This is making me crazy! So I am supposed to be in a family members wedding and have to leave for a week or two to go back home to family, but part of me feels like I leave this will be it. He of course wants me to go home. Maybe a break will be good though what would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• Follow your gut. No matter what you do, the things going on in your personal life will be what they will be. Secondly this wedding is one day that will never come again. If it were me, I would go be with family. Wether you go or not, you do not have power over what will happen when it is up to your mate to decide. Fear of this "being it" will not make the difference. He can serve you wether or not you go. You need to hold on to positive thoughts. If you do get divorced, it is not the end of the world but the beginning of a new one. You will be OK no matter what happens. Yes, sometimes absence makes the heart grow fonder. Either way, stay strong, logical and do not be afraid. " Worrying is like a rocking chair, it will give you something to do but it won't get you anywhere". Control your thoughts- shut down the negative and bring on gratitude, it helps... Good Luck. :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 2:41 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• 3 months of waiting for him to make up his mind is long enough. He needs to quit toying with your mind. Make up YOUR mind..what do YOU want?
    I know its hard...matters of the heart always are.You love him, you want to stay with him but living this way is not mentally healthy.If he's not serving you with the papers yet, serve him with your own...maybe that will make him see the light...this decision is not only his to make...even though he seems to think it is.
    Go home, be with your family, surround yourself with people who love you..you deserve that.
    Good Luck
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:33 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• If you've already committed to be in the wedding, I would go. Absence does sometimes make the heart grow fonder, and sometimes a temporary separation can be a very good thing. So I would go with lots of promises to think about him while I was away along with hopes that he will do the same. You don't say why the marriage is falling apart. Knowing that would be even more helpful, but I am pretty sure I would still go, no matter the cause of the problems.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:36 PM on Jun. 21, 2011