Would it be a good idea if I go with my fiance to watch my step kids play on their softball team?

Their mother dislikes me very much and won't even allow her younger two child to be around me so would it be a good idea to show my support to the 2 older kids if they play a sport. I dont want to be disrespectful or cause drama.

shar-hulk

Asked by shar-hulk at 2:32 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• If your dh wants you there...just go. YOu don't have to sit by her, look at her or conversate with her. She will get over it in time. She can't continue to control things like that. The more she sees you two together, the sooner she may accept the fact that he has moved on and she will get on with her life.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:41 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• You are marrying their father... He invited you so go. Just be friendly and calm, don't engage with mom and it should be fine. If not, it will be on her, not you...
    monshine2

Answer by monshine2 at 2:35 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I think that if the fiance invites you, then go! It shows that you care etc.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 2:33 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• If you go it will cause drama, but who cares you are a part of their fathers life. If you were just a girlfriend it would be a little diffrent but you are about to become their step mom.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 2:33 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I would go to show your care about the kids. You also need to build your relationship with those kiddos eventually if you plan on being with their daddy. Also, start a trend that shows their mom can't control you.
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 2:34 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• What does your fiance think? If you are getting married, at some point the ex needs to accept you, but I don't know the story... how long have they been divorced?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:33 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• he wants me to be apart of his childrens lives as much as he is apart of my daughters life. They were never married.
    shar-hulk

Comment by shar-hulk (original poster) at 2:34 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• He has 4 kids with a woman he never married? When did they split? How long were they together?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:39 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• he was on and off with her for about 10 years and was incarcerated for some time throughout it. There relationship was never a healthy one from my understanding. They split about a yr ago. And during that time he was incarcerated she had another kid from another man.
    shar-hulk

Comment by shar-hulk (original poster) at 2:42 PM on Jun. 21, 2011