where do you get Fenugreek

I still am not sure I am making enough milk. She nurses but only for a short time. I also cant pump any I think it it my pump though it has gotten old maybe, It used to work ok. I'm sure shes ok she isn't under weight or anything. I just worry. also she has a runny nose they now say no meds other than Tylenol right?

harleygirl2475

Asked by harleygirl2475 at 11:52 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I got the tea at the grocery store. I think the brand name was Mother's Milk. you can also find the pill form in the vitamins section of most pharmacies
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 11:53 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• for the runny nose, just use the bulb thing. if she isn't in pain, you don't want to give tylenol
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 11:54 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Pumping isn't an accurate way of telling if you're producing enough. A baby is much more efficient at expressing milk than a pump. As long as she's growing well, you're fine. You can find Fenugreek in the natural section at any grocery store.
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 12:16 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I agree with kynziesmom about pumping. Also ask a lactation consultant or your dr about blessed thissel. I tried both of them with my second child as I wished I could have more milk to pump. It was explained to me that my body was more tired the second time around as I had a newborn and a toddler to take care of. My body just didn't have the energy to make "extra" milk. My daughter was healthy and perfectly happy to nurse and take a bottle of formula when I wasen't available to her. I'm currently breastfeeding my 3rd and am able to pump with her. Guess it's just luck of the draw!
    Don't sweat it!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:35 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• GNC sells it
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:41 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I go to our local herb store and buy it in bulk and then I buy empty capsules and make the pills my self....its a lot cheaper :)
    jokermom

Answer by jokermom at 12:21 PM on Dec. 13, 2008