Has your husband gained or lost weight compared to when you first met?

mine gained a huge amount of weight. i joke that at least i know he's comfortable with me, but at the same time i'd like him to care a little more about himself, i find it incredibly unattractive

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• Well he isn't my husband..hes my bf, but we have been together for 2 years.. he still looks good! Of course, he's 19 though! lol
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:45 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• my husband just keeps losing weight, part of it is he won't eat until I get ready too, and there is a lot of stress right now... but he's down to a 32 waist and his 36 pants just fall off of him the moment he undoes his belt.
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 2:58 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• My husband has gained a bit of weight and now because of it our sex life is out the door! I caught him pleasing himself, and I instantly started to cry because he never ever seems to want to have anything to do with me sexually. He told me that it was because of how much weight he has put on, that he feels unattractive and doesn't want me to have to have sex with someone not worthy of me....this happened a few days ago. Still not quite sure if that is the real reason or not :(

lil_momma_vdv

Answer by lil_momma_vdv at 3:02 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• He's done both. He was super skinny when I first met him, gained some weight (although part of that is muscular too), lost his belly fat during his last deployment, has gained some of it back (he had back surgery this past Feb), and he's getting ready to deploy again, where he says he wants to get rid of the belly fat he's obtained in the months of recovery and not being able to work out as much. I told him I don't care, I just want him to be careful and not re-injure himself!
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 3:26 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• My husband was def way smaller than he was when we first got together. I also feel unattracted to him because he has let his self go and doesnt watch what he eats nor does he exercise. I find it hard to have sex with him sometimes...but i still love him !
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 3:32 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Both of us have put on between 10-20lbs since we got together 4 years ago. Actually I porked out in the first year and he caught up shortly afterward. We both have talked about it and even though we'd both personally like to lose weight, it was clear that we were doing it for ourselves and not each other. I love him no matter how much weight he's gained and he loves me too. It actually would drive me crazy when he would tell me how sexy I was even when I knew I'd gained 15lbs. I was the one that felt uncomfortable about my weight. Anyway, both of us are dieting and exercising again to get back to where we want to be, but it's really just for ourselves and no one else.
    not-the-momma

Answer by not-the-momma at 4:02 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• mine has gained over 50 pounds.. closer to 60 actually ...BUT it is a good thing, he is almost 7 foot tall and was skrawny when we met.. and now he is a good size and looks alot better now that he is filled out... and actually people still call him skinny
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 5:43 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• He gained some but I never cared how much...I dont need numbers cuz they dont matter to me. I gained some too...big whoop.

He's now lost some cuz of his illness but thanks to my good cooking he has gained some of that back too although he's still yo-yo'ing thx to meds and such.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 9:44 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• hes gained weight, but so have i. we gained most of it before we were married & we tend to lose & gain together. i just had baby #2 so we've both gained some weight this past year. DH was a fat child so he has a hard time losing weight. he exercises every day & eats right...hes actively working on losing weight & thats what matters to me. besides i love him for things far deeper than his outward appearance...that and it doesnt affect our love life.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:08 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• we both have gained/lost over the years. we just accept
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 3:37 AM on Jun. 22, 2011