Do You Love Your Husband, but Sometimes Want to Leave Him?

My SO and I think very differently. We are both stubborn too. I cannot imagine what we will do in the future. I do love him dearly and do everything I can to make it work.

Do any other women ever go through this?

Examples on what we disagree about:
Vaccinating our children (I am pro, he is against)
Women in the Workplace (I am pro, he is against)
Religion (He is Christian, I am believe in Eastern Philosophy)

Gingerwheel

Asked by Gingerwheel at 2:53 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• I think when you're going through tough times it's easy to say you want to leave. The problem is when you feel like that even when you aren't fighting.
    Anonymous

• YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today most of all...
    We are opposite also, well really, its me researching areas, him automatically disbelieving or disagreeing with me, fighting me tooth and nail no matter what then giving in and it working out and him thanking me..ABOUT EVERYTHING... ALL THE WAY ALONG..
    Somedays I feel so lucky to have what we have and other days I want to run and never look back
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:55 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• wow those are major issues... love conquers a lot of things except these: religion, child rearing, human rights issues, and political issues and you have three of them. Counseling or hit the road sister, I don't see this working at all.
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 2:56 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I think you're going to have a very rough time of it. I think you're going to end up rather unhappy and staying together just because you don't want to admit defeat, if you stay together. Those are some very major issues to overcome. It's not liking different toppings on your pizza and just ordering half and half and being happy. These are issues that one of you would have to back down and accept your partner's point of view, and unfortunately, these issues are not ones that should be backed down on.

Sometimes love just really isn't enough. I left my boyfriend on Sunday, because he was mentally abusive to me. I still love him; who knows, maybe I always will. But that doesn't mean I should be with him. Love and logic are very different: love is pure emotion, regardless of circumstances; logic is knowing that even though you love him, you can't make it work because you're just too different.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 3:13 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• My husband disagreed about eating meals. I do not want our kids going to bed hungry and he would warm the same plate of food from breakfast and then got the rest of the day and no other food till they ate that. He wants them to be so smart in school and I am more laid about and say if they are working hard that is what counts. To many differences between us. I do not know what kind of father he would be and now just disagree on everything and one of the reasons going though a divorce right now. I just finally gave up fighting all the time.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:58 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Yes, I've been feeling like this often. I want my son to have his mommy and daddy all the time though. I do love my SO, but sometimes I think it'd be easier to be single and make all the decisions myself and not have to worry about what he would want. I know, I'm selfish.
    Anonymous

• i LOVE my DH... but if i find one more email or text TO or FROM another bitch, I AM going to leave him.
    p0pc0rn

Answer by p0pc0rn at 6:01 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I love him, but no I do not ever feel like leaving him.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 3:00 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Every once in a while...NOT! No way I love my hubby! He's so amazing to me...he's my Mushroom King (morels) and I am his Mushroom Queen...Together we rule the land of morels!! LOL :)
    YerMami24

Answer by YerMami24 at 3:10 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• DH and I have some major political and philosophical differences. Some things we agree to disagree on. I'm very middle of the road politically and he's extremely conservative. In some way that has been the easy part. Other matters, while seemingly not so different, have been quite a challenge. We are of the same Christian denomination (Episcopalian) and were even confirmed by the same bishop, but the national church recently had a breakup and he and I are on opposite sides--compounded with family factors--long LONG Story. My digression here is simply to say that even if you and your husband have opposing viewpoints on major issues, they may not be what makes or breaks you. That said, there are some things, like vaccinating, that would be hard to reconcile if each parent was of a different mind. At least DH and I agree on that!
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 3:14 PM on Jun. 21, 2011