Overactive sex drive

I've always been a pretty sexual person but within the last six months it's ramped up quite a bit. My boyfriend is ten years older than me and can keep up with me. I'm 28 and have heard that a woman doesn't hit a sexual peek until they are in their 30's. Is this true? Will the age difference matter when I'm older?

IrishtwinMom83

Asked by IrishtwinMom83 at 2:53 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• I think it's all relative.. the term overactive sex drive might have been attributed to you by someone with a lesser sex drive, say your partner? Maybe he has an underactive sex drive.. The point is that unless you find someone with pretty much the same libido as you have, there are going to be issues. The person who wants it more feels rejected and unloved if their needs arent being met, and the person who doesnt want it as much can feel too much is being demanded of them and feel irritated or in need of space. Im 47 and have always had a strong sex drive, it hasnt changed much at all through the years. Im healthy & fit and usually date younger men, the last guy I was seeing was 37, he couldnt keep up with me and it didnt work out.. Ughh.. Its hard to find the perfect fit!
    Anonymous

• A woman's sexual peak is actually at 40, but it can begin at 30. It could make a difference, but there are always ways to make mismatched libidos work in couples.
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 3:06 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• lol well im 27 and i must have hit mine around 25 and its still going strong..so im not help but i dont see mine slowing down in the near future..but that doesnt mean my dh loves me any less..we just have to work around it
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 3:25 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I thought mine hit in my mid-30's, but I was wrong. It went into overdrive when I turned 41!!!
    dlee620

Answer by dlee620 at 4:42 PM on Jun. 21, 2011