Ultra Sound

Has anyone had an ultra sound done on your dog.

If so, did you get some kind of hand written report on the findings of
the ultrasound?

What did you get if anything?

Dannee

Asked by Dannee at 2:54 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Pets

• Well, it depends on why you'd be getting one. Is your dog pregnant? Sick? My dog had one because she got sick right after having puppies. They wanted to make sure that she had passed all the pups. At our vet, they brought in the us machine, and we got to see most of it. Then they took her out and did a little more in-depth ultra sound and found her uterus wasnt going down like it should. We received a written report as to what was wrong and what was going to be done.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 2:59 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• My dog had an ultrasound because she is sick. She has liver disease.

All the doctor said was that she has alittle liver and she has a few months to live.

I would like some kind of report on what exactly they saw. I was wondering if what I am looking for
    even happens when an ultrasound is performed.
    Dannee

Comment by Dannee (original poster) at 3:04 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I know that when I my dog had x-rays, the vet walked me through what we were looking at just as if I were at the doctor for myself or my DD. I didn't ask for a printout/report to take home, though. You could ask your vet for an explanation or a copy of you dogs file.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 3:08 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• never heard of it before good luck
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 5:51 PM on Jun. 26, 2011