So my doctor said...

He would not stop labor after 36 weeks and if I am dilated and go into labor and 35 weeks them he is okay with that too. I'm excited but a little surprised. I thought they had to wait until I was 37 weeks....What do you think?

Brandi300

Asked by Brandi300 at 2:58 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• 35 weeks is considered premature.. But you could be carryin a big baby and thats y he said that
    Anonymous

• 37 weeks is full term. You might be caring a big baby, but I would be asking your doctor why. I wouldn't want my baby to be born early, especially with things like lung maturity happen towards the end.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:02 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• My twins were born at 35 weeks and they were fine. At that point chances of complications are minimal.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 3:30 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Most doctors wont stop labor unless you are really premature but some doctors will. Chances of health issues in a baby born at 35 or 36 weeks is minimal but can still occur. Still I wouldnt be excited if I were to go into labor that early, I'd be scared for my baby's health. There is a reason why women are suppose to be pregnant for 40 weeks. So try not to be in a big hurry to have baby here early. He/she will come when ready and the whole idea is to have a healthy baby.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 4:32 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Doctor always knows what he is talking about. 35weeks is a bit early but i know they wont stop it in most cases cause it usually wont work. GL mama
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 10:34 PM on Jun. 21, 2011