What time should I show up at my interview?

It is 3 now and my interview time is at 3:30. I don't want to get there too early but I don't want to get there late either (if my watch is off from their time). So, what time should I get there? I am sitting in my car in a parking lot across from the place I am suppose to be, so traffic will not be an issue.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Money & Work

• As a human resources/hiring manager, I looked for the people who arrived 3-5 minutes before.

I recommend 3. It is enough to show your respect for their time, but not so much they feel rushed to get you in.
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 3:06 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• 15 minutes early. Go and use their bathroom, check hair makeup etc. If you can, grab something from your car to read while you wait. It will relax you.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 3:05 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• About 10-15 minutes early is OK. good luck!

Answer by gdiamante at 3:05 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Walk in the door 5 minutes early.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:08 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I think about 5 mins early is perfect. If you get in any earlier use the restroom or wait to annouce your presence a few mins.
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 3:19 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• good luck!
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 5:10 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I finished my interview. For the most part, everything went well. I had to do a writing sample and my brain froze! I hope that it doesn't count against me too bad. Thanks for the answers everyone. I arrived about 5 minutes early and it was a good thing too!

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:52 PM on Jun. 21, 2011