Do you have difficulty grocery shopping while pregnant? Read on...

Since I have been pregnant (9 weeks now) I have had difficulty grocery shopping. I come home with almost no food when I am supposed to be stocking up for two weeks at a time. All the smells, the people, the constant bathroom runs all bother me and I can't handle it.

My bf cannot grocery shop even if I were to provide him with a list. He does do well getting the things on the list but he does a better job of making sure that we get our sugar highs, heart attacks, and we are gaining weight.

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 1:43 PM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I had such a bad problem with shopping. i went by the sea food section and felt like getting sick. and when people came up to me and insisted on touching my stomach i would get mad and tell them i was not a petting zoo. needless to say i was not allowed to do our shopping
    Kaye_2008

Answer by Kaye_2008 at 1:49 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Oh honey, I remember the awful feeling of certain smells. Do you experience this problem every time you shop no matter what time of day it is? It sounds like you have an understanding bf. You may need to go with him. Bring the list and just watch that he doesn't put too much junk food in the cart.
    This feeling should pass once you reach your second trimester.
    JuneL

Answer by JuneL at 1:50 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• THE SAME WITH ME,I CANT GO FOOD SHOPPING EITHER,MY MOTHER HAS TO DO THE FOOD SHOPPING FOR ME.HOPEFULLY IT WOULD PASS AND YOU COULD DO ALL OF THE SHOPPING.GOOD LUCK
    BABY312

Answer by BABY312 at 1:52 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• some stores offer online shopping you do it online at home no smells or people bathroom is cleaner and they will do the shopping then all you have to do is pay and pick it up! check around a few near by stores, i know reasor's in tulsa,ok does. Good luck!
    mommy_kenzie

Answer by mommy_kenzie at 5:09 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I have difficulty with it but not for the same reason. My problem is I end up with a cart of foods I'm craving and nothing else for the rest of the family - OOPS!
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 6:04 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I couldn't let myself get too near being hungry. I nibbled on crackers throughout the day. If I was hungry, the small of the coffee aisle was too much, and I could hardly pass it.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:59 PM on Jul. 12, 2008