How Would You Descibe Your Mommy Style?

Are you strict, easy going, mostly a mom, mostly a friend, do you believe in punishment, do you believe in positive reinforcement, etc?

Obviously, there is more to describing a mom. Describe yourself however you see it!

Gingerwheel

Asked by Gingerwheel at 3:15 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• I used to be a preschool music teacher so i tend to do a lot of group activities and fun, silly things, but i have definite boundaries. I do not tolerate disrespect or any bullsh*t. Even at the preschool everyone knew that miss juli was fun and engaging but do NOT test her limits! haha. but overall i know that you have to let them learn for themselves how to fall and get back up, how to be independent and how to use words.

my biggest challenge is trying to work with helping my kids understand those who don't have any boundaries or discipline. and there are a lot of those kinds of kids in our area. there are a lot of moms around here who are more concerned with making themselves feel and look good and just let the kids run amok and figure school will do all the parenting for them. that's very frustrating and unfortunate but i just try my best to communicate with my children and do what i can to raise good people
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 3:25 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• My style is mine. No other way to describe it. Works for us.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 3:15 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I am somewhat strict I suppose--

They have a bedtime.. we eat dinner together at a certain time almost every night, unless we are doing other activities. They have good manners: say please and thank you. Clean their room.

But we also have a lot of fun together!.. Going to the park, painting nails.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:16 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I am a very loving mother with high standards. I believe in positive reinforcement, and I am a strong believer in praising a child daily and telling him how much deeply loved he is. My son is 8 years old, happy, healthy, and well-behaved. So far so good!
    AngelicaDem

Answer by AngelicaDem at 3:20 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I will say I am strict when it comes to not peeing on the toilet seat. Nastiness. I am also picky when it comes to manners with my kids.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 3:16 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Christian parenting is mine
    fun3oo

Answer by fun3oo at 3:21 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• loving and laid back =)
    nesa0601

Answer by nesa0601 at 3:33 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Strict, easy going, playful and now friend. My dd is 18 and now I can be her friend, I am done raising her. She is an adult now. My son is 9 and he thinks I am mean, but that is just because he has more chores to do now. He was enjoying his sister doing everything. He is older and needs to learn some responsibilities.
    SweetPea726

Answer by SweetPea726 at 6:09 PM on Jun. 22, 2011