Overweight, TTC.. time to diet

Ok, so this is a personal thing, and i've struggled with coming to terms with it for years, and now that I have been TTC for 1 year and 6 months , it is sort of hitting me in the face. I am 45 pounds overweight , it all started when I was diagnosed with cancer and went thru chemotherapy i gained a massive amount of weight, and it never came off,... guess I jsut kept adding to it. Now, i'm 23 and weight way too much for my height and age and have been told that it could be the reason i'm unable to conceive thus far. I've started a workout regimine, and i'm using the workout center here in my complex very day. I say of all of this to ask anyone if you know any tricks, simple diets, things to eat, not to eat, to help me in this journey to lose weight. Sorry, if it seems like I am being self centered, but I am just wondering if any of my CM buddies has any advice to offer.

Wanabmommy

Asked by Wanabmommy at 3:42 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Hey there, I understand your fustration first hand. I also am overweight and want to lose about 20 pounds. I recently joined weight watchers, it does work, but it requires strict dicipline. What has helped me, is to be careful about what you eat, stay clear of high fatty and sugary foods.
    momonamissio606

Answer by momonamissio606 at 3:51 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• There is a large part of the journey that is mental. Not only for giving you strength to continue, but for stopping the negative internal dialogue that is getting you there. There are alot of really good book that can help with this.

i really like to do a nightly meditation while I am falling asleep. I close my eyes, picture myself in the healthy body that I am meant to be in. When I inhale, I imagine white light entering and swirling through my body, transforming anything inside that needs it into healthy, fit, efficient. It really helps to recenter me and restore my energy through the process.

Good luck mama.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:53 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• my best friend who is 450lbs or so gave birth to her first baby in December.. she didn't think she could have kids because of her weight and was shocked that her body showed her differently.

I would look into joining a gym and seeing if you can find a personal trainer or eyeball someone else who is getting lessons from a trainer and see what they are doing.
    Anonymous

• I am in the same boat you are and I am on a low carb diet started it last week down 5 lbs and 45 to go.. :) I am 26 years old and my husband and I have been ttc for a while now. I was on a low carb diet before and lost 30 lbs in a month and a half and got pregnant. sadly to say we lost our baby girl at birth. after that I got very depressed and started eating my emotions. Gained my 30 lbs + back and now I am challenging my self again to lose it again. It's going to be more challenging then last because I have more weight to drop and I am older. They say its harder to lose the older you get. Good luck on your weight loss and keep us updated! :)
    serenitee05

Answer by serenitee05 at 6:13 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• same here i understand what your going through when i got preg with my 1st daughter in 99 i was close to 300lbs hit 303 when i had her drop some later but 2007 got preg with the 2nd weigh was up and dwn but hit 320 by the time i had here now me and my fiance are ttc and am 345.-350 now and been trying for 2years now so i really think my weight is the problem lost 2 babies in between so to you good luck and hope everything works out for you as well
    ladyd8489

Answer by ladyd8489 at 6:52 PM on Jun. 21, 2011