Do you and your DH work together?

My dh and I are both military and we both are in charge of separate sections within the same unit. You can not imagine the amount of conflict this causes. We attend the same meetings, our people compete against each other for awards, additional duties are split between us, and all kinds of other stuff. Luckily we work in separate buildings. But my people constantly win awards because I am better at writing packages than he is. It makes him so mad that his people aren't getting recognized....but he doesn't want to take my advice...

Sorry...just venting and frustrated.

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 3:50 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• That's funny. I don't think I could be with my dh 24/7. I love him dearly, but we also need our away time too.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 4:05 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• We use to work together. Technically he was my boss. But we worked together as a team, and never had a problem with it. Honestly if we could do another job the same way I'd love to work with him again. But neither of us feel the need to compete. We each know our weaknesses and strengths and work together to do the best possible job.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 4:07 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• DH and I work for the same (big) state agency but in different divisions in buildings that are a couple of city blocks away from each other and in highly different roles (he's an attorney, I'm a systems analyst) Because of the separate workspaces/roles, we might as well be with different organizations. However, it is nice in that we are able to eat lunch together and have vacations at the same time. Before we married, we worked in the same division of another state agency and it was more difficult separating work and home issues.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 4:07 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Our people compete for the same awards. It is part of being in the military. We have the only groups with military members in our unit and therefore they are the only ones going up for the awards.
    Shaken1976

Comment by Shaken1976 (original poster) at 4:19 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Yes, we both work in law enforcement...I'm a dispatcher and he's a cop.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 7:04 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• DH and I met while working together. We did just fine for several months til he was let go and it was after that that we went public with our relationship(aka not pretending we were single still).
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 9:39 PM on Jun. 21, 2011