Would you leave you husband if he wouldn't get help with his marijuana addiction or porn addiction?

Would you try to work things out if he didn't seek help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:53 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• I would totally leave if he wasn't willing to seek help.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 3:54 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Well I wouldn't have married him to start with but if I did, yes I would be gone. This is a very poor example for the kids.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 3:57 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• A lot of people will say yes I'd leave in a heartbeat, but for me honestly I cannot say until I'm in those exact shoes. I used to tell my mom, if that ever happened to me I'd leave, and guess what? It happened and I didn't leave, we worked through it together.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 3:59 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Not the addiction but something else....
    yesmaam

• Depends on how bad it is and how it is affecting our lives.
    If it was really bad .. I'm not one to hang around stupidity so I'd hit the road, Jack. lol
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:00 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I spent 8 years trying to get him over his porn addiction and trying and begging him to seek help and he never did. If he isn't willing to get help to become a better person he will never be a better person and you are wasting your time and teaching your children that it is okay to act like that or to hate their father for how upset he makes you.
    Anonymous

• well im not totally sure either..i know dopers that are pretty good parents and i love them to death...believe it or not without the dope they are worse parents..and its not something they do in front of their child either and he is almost school age..they dont have a porn addiction my suggestion for that would be alot more sex..i dont think i would leave depends on the total circumstances
    Anonymous

• If he was not willing to seek professional help in his addiction I would have a trial separation with my husband. I don't think I would divorce him, but for the safety and well being my children and myself I would not live under the same roof or allow unsupervised visits.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 4:07 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• My husband does have a porn addiction, and I have stuck by him so long as he's been showing effort to work on it...at one point he completely platued, and I kicked him out until he was ready to keep trying.

Two days later he came home with a renewed determination and an appointment with a counselor.

He says kicking him out was one of the best things I've ever done for him :)
    Anonymous

• If there was an addition that my SO was not addressing and it was having a negative impact on my children, you bet I'd be looking at ending the marriage.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 4:09 PM on Jun. 21, 2011