Lice again!!!

So somehow my 8 y/o ended up with lice again. It's been about2 yrs since she had them but they were hard to get rid of. Her dad's gf treated her hair 3 times in a wk w/ RidX and ended up burning her scalp. This time around I'm looking for a more natural way to get rid of them. No1 in my house has them, and she always comes from her dad's with them each time she gets them. Does anyone have a natural remedy for thesannoying little buggers?? THX

cardingtonlizzy

Asked by cardingtonlizzy at 4:28 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Tea tree oil.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 4:29 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• mayo
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 5:48 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Google natural lice remedies. There are a bunch. I did one using Cetaphil once and it worked like a charm, but I can't remember exactly how it was done.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 9:20 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I am going to try the Tea Tree Oil. That'll be easiest since she's at her dad's next week. Hopefully we can get this taken care of....

Thanks for all the possible solutions :)
    cardingtonlizzy

Comment by cardingtonlizzy (original poster) at 9:23 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Tea tree oil may prevent them but it will not get rid of lice that already exists. A teacher at my Dds school says that simple conditioner and listerine will fix the problem. She sent a news letter at the first of the year that says.... All you have to do is saturate the hair in the listerine and then cover the hair in conditioner. Get a shower cap and keep it on for 2 or 3 hours. While she hangs out in the conditioner and listerine mixture take that time to wash all blankets, sheets and clothing. Bag all stuffed animals or cloth like toys. Vacuum the bed and couches or chairs. Once time is up rinse mixture out of hair and use a lice comb to comb out all nits. Some of the parents in my Dds school that went through this says that it works like a charm.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 11:05 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• i know it won't make you feel better but back when i was young i used to get them every single year at school! sucked.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 11:11 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I have heard putting veggie oil in their hair works but I dont think you really want to do that.
    Leelee1008

Answer by Leelee1008 at 11:42 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I read that olive oil worked.
    aj23

Answer by aj23 at 11:48 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• We haven't had the problem yet, but she starts school in August, I'll keep this in mind. Good answers.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 7:33 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• You can always use head and shoulders from time to time to help prevent them as well.
    daerca574

Answer by daerca574 at 9:35 AM on Jun. 22, 2011