Used items

Would you/did you use a used breast pump?

Mel_in_PHX

Asked by Mel_in_PHX at 4:29 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I haven't, but now knowing what I know I would yes. You only "use" the pump intself. buy your own bottles, shields, tubs, etc
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 4:32 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I did. I was a teenage parent with twins in NICU. Breast feeding was important to me and i couldnt afford a good pump, so the hospital let me use one of their good ones. i want to say i had to pay for a kit that included new tubes and suction cups though.
    alboston

Answer by alboston at 4:32 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• yep, just buy new tubing etc
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:33 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I havent used a used pumpbut if I had gotten a good deal on a used one..sure I wouldve used it. Sterilize it all the best ya can.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:37 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Hardly ever.
    booger14

Answer by booger14 at 4:48 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• the hospital I delivered in gave me all new tubing and stuff to use while I was in there and I got to keep it all .. with exception of the pump itself.. so like everyone is saying you only rent the pump itself not the tubing and shields etc..nothing wrong with it
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 5:26 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Yes. I bought an double electric Medela pump from a friend of mine. She was able to afford it new, I was not. She was done w/hers by the time I delivered and needed one so I bought it from her. I bought new valves & tubes...I want to say that I spent no more that 10 bucks total for new stuff. I may have even registered for them. (It was 5 years ago).
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 6:39 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I did, I got mine from another military wife...I just got new tubing from the company. I even got it for free! They also gave me all the other accessories for free too....just don't let them know that it is used. I told them that it was cleaned wrong (because the tubing was cleaning wrong, the woman tried to bleach it).
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 7:01 PM on Jun. 21, 2011