what is the sign that your baby mait have allergies? Im the one posted about my babys eyes?

hinson7169

Asked by hinson7169 at 12:23 AM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• runny nose and sneezing was my #1 sign for my son. My pedi said that children under 1 generally don't have those kinds of allergies but gave me zyrtec anyways and that cleared it right up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I have to go to the doctor the 18th im going to ask them about this I think he as them.
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 12:26 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• runny nose, sneezing, coughing sometimes, watery/red eyes, irritability.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 12:37 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• if they have eczema they will usually have allergies
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• yes dry rough skin, coughs with wheezing,do you have cats? My daughter is highly allergic so the cats had to be rehomed. I am glad though because she is much better now.
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:32 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• My son is dealing with this right now. We've had him on claritin and other meds but it doesn't seem to want to go away. We had an insurance mix up and couldn't see the new pediatrician yesterday.
    AlohaWahine

Answer by AlohaWahine at 8:36 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I'm thinking about asking about Zyrtec also. My 8 yr. old nephew was on it but I think they've got him on something else now. It said on the website I was doing research on that " allergies is a genetic thing". So yes, it's hereditary. Because my son and I have small flat noses we have crazy bad allergies. I just want my son to get relief. Hope you get some relief for your lil' one. I really dislike it when they get illnesses. Yuck ! Write down a bunch of questions so you'll be prepared when you go to his appointment. I've got tons of things to ask the doctor. Sorry, it's just my experience with my own health issues that I always forget something if I try to remember it. I take in my paper and make them cover all the bases. Do some research for childrens allergies on the web. That's what I did.
    AlohaWahine

• good luck

AlohaWahine

• My kids have been on Zyrtec for years. My daughter had chronic sinus infections and my son developed asthma. Things improved greatly once they started on Zyrtec. My daughter also has always suffered from eczema.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 8:57 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I did have a cat but I got rid of her about 1month ago. But yes he was around the cat for 8months so that mait be it thanks everyone for the info
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 10:12 PM on Dec. 13, 2008