Advice for fussy 12 month old??

my little man has been waking up several times at night sometimes crying inconsolably..my thoughts teething or gas!? not sure nothing seems to help him unless he nurses but I feel like hes to big to be crying and nursing like that :( Ive started giving him a cup of milk with dinner rather than nursing and friday will be two weeks..hes hasnt been doing to well with weaning..he gets super fussy during the day and only wants me to hold him and Im positive thats bcuz hes not on demand feeding anymore..its hard with this one..my first was easy breezy but Im having a hard time with my second need some advice??

socalikim

Asked by socalikim at 4:36 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Man,I wish I had some great advice for this,lol.I've been trying to figure out how to wean my needy little nurser since he was 6 months old...and he's not gonna let it happen. I truly believe mine will be nursing still at the old age of 35,haha.'
    UGH..so not looking forward to that 12 month mark....
    Good Luck mama...good luck and hugs :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:40 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• We went through this phase when DD was about a year old. Like I said, it was a phase. For us it lasted a few weeks and then she settled back into sleeping through the night. I don't know what to tell you except that this too will pass.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 4:53 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Probably teething. It could be gas or constipation though... My DD's both get constipated from cows milk.
    dixie383

Answer by dixie383 at 4:54 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Maybe try lactaid milk or goat milk instead. Goat's milk is closer to human milk so he will probably digest it easier. When weaning I would give my son a sippy but he got to drink it curled up in my lap. That helped him transition from being held by a warm mommy while nursing to drinking out of a cup. Nursing is more than food to them, so that might help. After a week of holding him with the sippy, he wanted to run around and take the cup with him. He couldn't take mommy with him to run around, so he liked the cup much better after he realized that. :) GL hun.
    Anonymous