What age is a good age to have your girls ear dune

my step daughter is 8 and I'm here mu as her bio mums not around so don't say ask her mum . sd all ready got classes and is about to have braces put in and she not happy about it .she been asking to have her ears dune and as long as she dose not need any more surgery on her mouth i was thinking of having her ear dune for a ttreat for having her braces put in. my dh is not sold on the idea but say its up to me he think kids should not get pierces dune till there 16 even low he got loads of piercing and i have a few to . i don't think a normal ear pricing a problem on a girl but would not let my boys have it dune .

i would wait till dec for xmas but i was half thinking it maybe reat for sd to go back to school after summer and have her new earring to show off may make her feel better about being prob the only kid in her year with braces it reallu uncommon here to have them dune before you 10

so i wanted to know if you think its to young or what you think

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• Let her...she deserves it. I had mine done around 8ish and they did both ears at the same time...it was easier.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 5:05 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• can of worms

yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 4:58 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• When they are old enough to ask and responsible enough to clean them daily
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 5:00 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I'd do it now. I waited until she was old enough to care for them herself and she expressed an interest. She ahd fun shopping for earrings.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:17 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• she is asking me to have them dune i would not even think about it but she asked me a good few times in the last few months my kids no better than to bug me so once they asked a handfull of time they must really want it . she is a very girly girl so she would love a matching set of stuff
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:02 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I decided with my daughter that I would let her get her ears pierced when she wanted them done, when she asks I'll take her to do it. I think I was around 8 when I had mine done
    DianeMary

Answer by DianeMary at 5:11 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I waited until my daughters asked to have them done and I thought they would be able to take care of them. So, my daughters got theirs done for their 6th and 10th birthday. And I got two more piercings in each year along with them. They are doing real good with their ears so far.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:12 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I agree with MommyH2. Some 8 year olds are not responsible enough to take care of their ears, and can get nasty infections. Others can. You know her best. If she really wants it and you are sure she could take care of them, this probably would be a nice time to do it, to make her feel a little better
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 5:13 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I'm not total shore how she be at cleaning them its something i could help here do and help put it in her routine i would tell her it would need dune before she got it and make her agree but my sd can be a bite of a dreamer and often forgets stuff lol

but on the other hand I'm a bit worried about her as when she lost her front teeth she cried and asked not to go to school and when a few girls told her they did not like her glasses she did not wona wear them she not being bulled i think she just a bit worried about fitin in as she never had the best start in life so she been really upset about these braces so a bit off me things if set of ear piercing makes her feel better about going to school that its worth me helping her do it for a few week till she learns to do it without being asked dose that sound daft?

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:21 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• If she is old enough to ask and take care of them herself, i don't see a problem. We won't have our daughters pierced till she is old enough to ask and take care of them. I think that if you feel that at the age of 8 she is responsible enough to care for them, then I would have no problem. If she doesn't take care of them, then you can take them out, the holes will close, and she can wait till she is older.

but I would think that at 8, she would do just fine keeping them clean and taking care of the earrings.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 6:00 PM on Jun. 21, 2011