Thank you note after interview ?

I just had an interview and I am writing my thank you notes. I was interviewed by two people. I have finished my note for the main person who interviewed me. The second person is actually someone that I knew a few years ago. I am having a hard time writing hers for two reasons- One I don't want it to sound like the first one and two, should I mention something in the note about it was good to see her again? How do I write the second note without it sounding like the first note?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Money & Work

• I don't see a problem with the notes sounding similar. I always like to follow up. It may be the tie breaker that gets you to the next step. I would keep it all strictly on a professional level. And assume the next step. Mention that you look forward to hearing from them at their earliest convenience. :)

Best wishes!!

love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 12:27 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I think it's ok if they sound similar...and yes, it's fine to mention that it was nice to see that person again.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 4:59 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I never wrote a thank you note after an interview... not sure what to write on one.. good luck to u! hope u get the job!!
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 5:09 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• It is proper etiquette to write a thank you note.

It is fine to mention her, and there should be no problem sounding like the first.
    vntNyll

Answer by vntNyll at 5:14 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• No, I'd leave it professional period. I made that mistake and it hurt me, I didnt get the job. I'm not all that keen on thank you notes for interview, I don't feel that will change their opinion. They've already made their mind up before you got out of the parking lot :) But best of luck to you!!!
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 5:00 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I would just write the thank you to the main person.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:52 PM on Jun. 21, 2011