Not a question but Amish man arrested for sexting 12 year old adult content

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/local/east_central/amish-man-arrested-for-sexting-girl-12

WildCat73

Asked by WildCat73 at 5:24 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• There are differences of beliefs among the Amish and some have upgraded to electricity, and phones,even the computer. When we were in Amish country in Lancaster one of the Amish men who was doing tours had a cell and said some use the internet, mostly they are claiming it all has to be business related.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 5:29 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Some Amish live more modern then others. Depends on the group of Amish each one can be very different from another one. We have Amish that have moved into our town in the last few years & they use some things. They have a mini van that they use but mostly they use their buggies here. They also use other various things of technology too & have solar panels. Just depends on the group thats all.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 5:44 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• i thought they did not believe in using phones etc
    WildCat73

Comment by WildCat73 (original poster) at 5:26 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• ya i agree with pp
    artsygirl2010

Answer by artsygirl2010 at 5:27 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• i was shocked by this story , the girl and her parents did the right thing thank God she told her parents what was going on
    WildCat73

Comment by WildCat73 (original poster) at 5:29 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• LOL I didn't read the article but just your title is hilarious.
    Anonymous

• I'm not paticularly clear on the Amish, is it a normal practice for them to have olden men in relationships with younger girls? I'm not giving an excuse I just wonder what would posess him to do such a thing
    DianeMary

Answer by DianeMary at 5:38 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• he's actually probably a Mennonite, not an amish. amish.. they have the same religious beliefs, allthough mennonites are allowed to use electricity and other such things.. Oftentimes they call themselves amish just because it's easier.. but there is a difference in the two.

as for his crime.. well, don't care what religion or lifestyle you live, you do the crime you do the time.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:16 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• OR pehaps a German Baptist, which is the line I come from, my great~grandparents got married, and 1 of them, I think the grandmother was shuned becouse of going outside of the religion.
    djh0505

Answer by djh0505 at 8:40 PM on Jun. 22, 2011