How do i handle this??? adult content

my husband has been saying sexual innuendos at work...first he told me that it didnt bother him..then he told me that he knew it was was wrong but did it to fit in. one of his work places is a theme park..a lot of young kids work there..he is 36. i am so disgusted by this.
his other place of employment is the railroad...that is his excuse. i said that it is inappropriate at work and to be doing that when he is married. i am so upset. i am not sure what to say when he gets home.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:34 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• This is juvenile behavior and hopefully he will learn that this is not something he should be doing at work before he says something to the wrong person and causes more problems for himself
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 5:35 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I would just tell him that it doesn't matter what his reason for doing it is, he needs to stop it. He can be arrested for sexual harrassment and there are mulitudes of women who would like nothing better than to get some married man into trouble. That he is a married man makes it worse, but it's inappropriate for any man to be making those kinds of comments while in the workplace.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:37 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• OMG we joke about sex all the time at work. People do it everywhere. However if it can turn into a sexual harassment accusation.

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 5:38 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I'd tell him it's high time to keep the sex in the bedroom where it belongs.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 5:40 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• My ex was fired for this exact reason. He needs to be VERY careful. If he says something to the wrong person it can blow up in his face.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 5:43 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I completely relate to this issue. I recently separated from my husband of 17 years for several reasons, part of which are do to his behaviors which include things along this line. You have to be honest with yourself and with him. He would not be saying those things if he did not want to say them regardless of what other people are saying around him. That is a way to try and get you to back off. You must be true to your feelings. Only you can decide how you feel. And if he does not respect you enough to change his behavior (which could lead to legal problems at either job) than he has a serious problem that is not going to go away. And trust me, just because he says he is going to stop or says he has stopped, does not mean he has. Do not be fooled into believing what you can not verify. I spent almost 2 decades fighting this sort of battle. And make sure you are looking for other signs in places outside of work.
    mommyhelmic

Answer by mommyhelmic at 5:57 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I don't care what's "cool" and nto cool.. it's inappropriate and immature.. and he needs to grow up.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:19 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• if he is now telling you
    is it possible that he is thinking he might have some action taken against him?
    or
    did this come up in conversation?

beware, if he is telling you stuff, could be more to his actions than he is saying
    some people will let a bit out at a time
    do you think there could be more that he is NOT telling you?
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 6:59 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• @fiatpax....it came up in conversation...but the other stuff about his theme park job he told me on his own. I really hope not because there has already been one time that I know of that he has cheated on me. Yes, we went to counseling and worked through it. or so I thought. ugh..what a nightmare.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:23 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Not much to say except Stop Doing It.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:33 PM on Jun. 21, 2011