Christian question about Heaven

Do you think we will be married to our spouses in Heaven? Can we share a mansion? The Bible says we will be married to Jesus as the church, but what about what we bind on earth will be bound in Heaven, and what we loose on earth will be loosed in Heaven? What are your thoughts?

supermom11995

Asked by supermom11995 at 12:56 AM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• marriage is until "Death do us part" so I guess if you die to go to heaven, you aren't married anymore.

as far as to what I was taught though, you will have no knowledge of your life here on earth so you wouldn't even know your spouse in heaven if you saw them anyway.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Mark 12:25 says. For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry nor are given in marriage but are as the angels which are in heaven. Will we really need to marry? If our earthly marriage is a representation of Christ and the Church and the rapture is the perfect marriage. Why would we need a spouse. I don't think we need human companionship anymore when the real us (our soul) has finally united with its lover. If that makes any sense.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 1:02 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Luke 20:34-36 and Matthew 22:30 both say there will be no marriage in heaven.

The verse you are referencing is not talking about marriage.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 1:03 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• thats true we wont know eachother
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• awww I am just learning this and it deeply saddens me, I couldn't imagine myself without my husband but then again I havent been to heaven either
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 1:07 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Sorry bonn777. It is talking about marriage. Its talking about our bodies will be changed. There is no need for marriage.
    I'm going to look up scripture about not knowing each other. I have never read that.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 1:11 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I believe we will recognize each other. We just will not have any fleshly feelings for one another like we do on earth.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 1:13 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Sis. Jackson I wasn't referring to the verse you and I posted. I was referring to the what is bound in heaven will be bound on earth scripture. I guess I should have made that clear. Sorry.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 1:13 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Sorry. Got a little confused. But I do have a question for you. If the disciples recognized Jesus after his resurrection why wouldn't we recognize those we were with on earth?
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 1:17 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• the disciples were on earth...not in heaven. that's a completely different situation that if the disciples were in heaven when they saw him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Dec. 13, 2008