Does anyone have or had a biter?

I got 2 boys ages 4 1/2 and 22 months and my 4 year old never went through the biting stage but my 22 month old has for past year occosanally we was at mcdonalds play land yesterday with my sister and my nieces and a old friend of mine happen to be tehre and for some reason damian didnt like her little boy whose a little older i think its becouse the little boy cried if dam even looked at him but regardless it didnt give him the right to hit him and i swatted his hand and told him no and took him away from him then he was playing and the little boy kept geting all in his face so he ended up biting him MIND YOU HE HASNT DONE IT IN SEVERAL MONTHS so i wasnt expecting it I dashed over there and swatted him on the butt and told him no no and my sister started running her mouth about he needs to stop biting and then this random ghetto mexican bitch said you know they can press charges and then my old friend was like he gots a big ass bite mark on him and Im like yes I know that thats why my 22 month old just got in trouble and hes no longer playing but they all decided to start attacking me with words even my own sister !! so I got my fiance to pick me n the boys up and my sister decided to call my mom talking a bunch of shit and my old friend had the nerve to write me on facebook stating that I didnt do shit about my son biting her son WHICH IS A DAMN LIE what the hell do they expect me to do to my son whose not even 2 yet ya know? Im no longer speaking to my sister by the way since she was wrong to go against me and not take my side never would i treat her like she treated us here i am 5 months plus prego and i was the only parent with my kid the whole time unlikie them they was just setting down I know my kid dont need to bite I HATE THAT HE DOES but theres only so much i can do! what do you think of my situtuation and do you got any advice?

xaviersmamacita

Asked by xaviersmamacita at 5:46 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My oldest bit me a few times one time was so hard that he drew blood, i know this will sound mean but i bit him back, not really hard but enough to get his attention and he never did it again.
    Anonymous

• Young children hit and bite because they are too young to know how to handle their emotions. Sometimes it's just because they are excited. Biting is a spin off of being oral. Everything goes in the mouth when they are young. You just have to stay on top of them each time they do it. Same with the hitting. It's all normal reactions. And as far as the woman with threatening jail, I don't think this is someone I would want my children around if she is like that.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 5:50 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I put a lil dab of tapatio on my boys' tongue everytime they bite. I did everything from time out to biting back taking away toys nothing was working, this tapatio thing works for weeks at a time
    My2boys0523

Answer by My2boys0523 at 6:15 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• never heard that where you get that?
    xaviersmamacita

Comment by xaviersmamacita (original poster) at 6:35 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• ok so my kid and my niece each went through a biting thing, the first reaction i had was slap there butts or flick there lips but honestly put his but in time out. even if they dont stay sitting or standing as long as theyre in that area for so much time i do a minute per year of age. 1yr-1minute 2yr-2min etc. you just have to stay consistent. My thought is Damian probably acted out like this because he doesnt understand how else to say he's uncomfortable with those other kids. thats usually when my son or niece will act out in such behavior. if he bites you though bite him back not hard just enough to shock him and say thats why we dont bite, because it hurts now say youre sorry and go to timeout. he probably wont actually start saying sorry when hes told to until he's about 5, still a good habit though. good luck hunn, and dont let those women get to you, they never actually cared about you if thats how that reacted to you
    smashlybear

Answer by smashlybear at 10:14 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• i have twin 23m old boys and they bite each other all the time but i would say for you your little boy bit the other boy because he was getting in his face if i was a toodler and didnt know how to react i would have bit him too i dont think its something you should worry about if you said he haddent done it in a long while unless he now continues then id say time out or whatever will work for disipline for you dont let everyone get to you you did what you could to repremand your child for there action but you cant prevent what they do they have there own minds and tend to do as they wish just like we do
    shannonnlotuz

Answer by shannonnlotuz at 6:05 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• My daughter never use to bite, but my son who is 14 months old started it really bad. He would bite his sister, me, his dad...whatever he wanted and since he didn't know it hurt he would put all his jaw pressure into it. He hurt his sister several times really bad. So...I bite him back. I took his arm after he bite his sister enough to make her bleed and I bite down hard enough to leave a couple teeth marks. He freaked out and he hasn't bite anyone since. I think it registered that he is hurting someone else because he sure hurt when someone did it to him.
    NewName-Mommy

Answer by NewName-Mommy at 2:02 PM on Sep. 17, 2011