sleeping problems

He is 6 months old, for about a month now he has refused to sleep threw the night...he was doing it before........but now he is waking up every 2 or 3 hours.....but around 10pm he wakes up and wont go back down for about an hour he will sleep on your chest but when you try to lay him down he wakes up just a minute later..............and soothers wont work cio didnt work tried for about a week......but after he screamed for 5 days all i mena all night i had to give in........the ped isnt worried but why isnt he sleeping.......he isnt hungry its not gas.....i am losing my mind........

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• from what I've been told and experienced with my three kids, it seems that when they are on the verge of learning a new thing, they don't want to sleep... they would wake up and not want to go back to sleep. things like rolling, sitting up on their own, pulling up, crawling. anything like that, it seems to make them want to be awake, almost as if they really really want to master it.

has he been trying to learn anything new lately?

what's your bed time routine? at times like that, I always turned off the lights and tv, played soft music for about an hour before bed, something about dim lighting helps them realize it's bedtime.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 1:03 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• he may be teething, infants tylenol would be best, but it may just be that he's taking too long of naps during the day. Wake him up an extra 30 minutes earlier from his naps, and dont let him sleep until he passes out fom exaustion. After 2 or three days of that he'll be normal.
    collegemom1007

Answer by collegemom1007 at 1:08 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• 2 of my 3 started waking up when when they started teething. That could be why he's waking. Hang in there!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:27 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I was going to say sounds like teething too! If so, it should get better!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 1:30 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• my son did not do anybetter at night if he had less naps during the day. In fact, he did worse. Don't wake him up, you will jsut have a cranky baby on your hands!
    parkersmommyj

Answer by parkersmommyj at 9:42 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Check out www.magicsleepsuit.com
    Anonymous