Have you noticed that the sizes on baby clothes are seriously messed up???

My DD is 5 months.. and typically fits in 6-9 months in carters for example .. well I went to the thrift store and got a 2T shirt from childrens place that fits here and a 12 month shirt from another company that fits here.. oh and her bathing suit is 12 months.. wth...How the hell am I supposed to know what size she is?!?!
haha this is my 1st baby.. so I basically just "eye" up clothes when I buy them for her , Is that what you do?

Emmajosmommy

Asked by Emmajosmommy at 6:07 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is all clothes. If there was an industry standard it would be great. For instance at Dress Barn they have a company label of clothing. They have blouses and dresses that are marked 2X...yeah, not so much they are more like a 14-16. Baby clothes are the same way if all 3 months old sizes were x inches by x inches the problem would be solved. But it isn't, and it likely will never be. In the meantime you just eyeball it or try them on.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:12 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• do not feel bad my baby will be 3 months old wearing 12 months ,2T,6-9 months
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 7:28 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• k , so it's not just me lol
    ok so I will just keep "eyeing" em up when I buy them! I am getting pretty good at it now!! I can tell by looking at something if it will fit her or not ;) lol
    Emmajosmommy

Comment by Emmajosmommy (original poster) at 6:14 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• That is all you can do....or you can bring a onesie that fits really well an measure them to that, that is what I do if I am unsure (it is pretty easy, since I always have at least 1 extra in the diaper bag). It would be so much simpler if there was a standard. Sophie got a nb outfit that didn't even fit her until she was about 4 months old!
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 6:49 PM on Jun. 21, 2011