advice needed,kinda long

so i met an older man 3 months ago he talked about wanting a committed relationship with someone he could eventually marry so for 3 months things were going great or so i thought and he would always say things to me like lets go to vegas and get married,am i ready to be in a relationship with him,when he met my kids he would say to them do you want me to marry your mommy and would always refer to the bedroom in his house as their room and would also say when am i moving in with him so as of a week ago he has not been calling me at all not even returning messages or answering when i call him so 3 days ago i finally got hold of him he said he had a falling accident so we talked a while on the phone he said he would call me back and never did so today i call him from another # and he answered but 20mins later i called from my phone and he did not pick up..........what should i do call him tomorrow or just forget about him

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• IDK don't have much advice for you but I do think that 3 months of a relationship is too early to be discussing marriage.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 1:10 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Let him call you:) I know this is hard to do, but maybe he just needs a challenge. But really think about this: Do you really want to be with somebody like this???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• How has this relationship affected your kids? 3 months is too soon, in my opinion to be discussing marriage when there are kids involved. Introducing him into your kids lives is a big deal because your kids are a big part of your life and for him to be acting strange with no explanation does not seem ideal for either you or your kids. I hope that you are able to make the best and proper decision for you and your family. Best of luck!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:19 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I agree, it's far too soon to be talking marriage. His rushing makes me think he's looking for something. Insurance benefits? Immigration status? I don't know. But he's moving far too quickly.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:51 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Honestly the way he has been talking just within 3 months of dating, asking your kids what they would think of him marrying you, telling him that room is theirs, that would just creep me out. That is way too soon for that kind of talk, especially when they are kids involved. I think you should run in the other direction.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:18 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• thats creepy he is moving way too fast you need to stop calling him and just move on. and take it slow next time.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 3:31 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Thank you ladies all of your advice is greatly appreciated :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Dec. 13, 2008