Swimming?

It's so hot and I want to go swimming. I'm about 8 weeks and I was just wondering, does the pool water have to be above a certain temperature? I know I'm not allowed in hot tubs, so I was just concerned about the water being to cold.

Megan1213

Asked by Megan1213 at 6:26 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• No youre fine. I lived in the desert with my first 3 babies and lived in the pool.

Answer by gemgem at 6:28 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• You are fine. The pool water is not to cold. My doctor encourages expectant mothers to swim, since it is good, low-impact exercise.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 6:50 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• The pool is fine. It's actually a great thing to do while prego! :-)
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 6:52 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Girl! go swimming! enjoy your self!! try to stay cool
    jeonit24

Answer by jeonit24 at 6:57 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• swimming is fine and GOOD for you :) makes you feel SOOO mcuh better when you're huge :) takes the weight off :) enjoy!!
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:07 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• the pool,lake,whatever is fine,but you are right dont do the hot tubs. its hot, and it makes your body feel wonderful!
    bamamommy2009

Answer by bamamommy2009 at 7:53 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• No, I went swimming every day when I was pregnant - felt so good!

Answer by missanc at 9:07 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• When I was pregnant with my twins the absolute only place I felt human was in the swimming pool. So I did laps for months and 6 weeks after I delivered I was 15 lbs lighter than before I got pregnant. Swim away.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 9:36 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Im 28weeks and go swimming about 3 or 4 times a month. It actualy feels better thru ur pregnancy when u do as it will take the pressure off ur abdomen and hips!! Swim swim swim!!
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 10:04 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• When I was pregnant, the pool was closed, but if it hadn't been, I would have been there swimming :).
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 10:07 PM on Jun. 21, 2011