Is this normal?

This is my first pregnancy. Everything I do I think twice about. Like swimming, certain foods (if I should eat them). I have just become so paranoid about everything. Only because I want my baby to be healthy and I want everything to be ok. Did anyone else go thru this? How did you learn to get over it?

Megan1213

Asked by Megan1213 at 6:30 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Talk to your doctor if you have concerns. Honestly there isn't that much that you absolutely can't do while pregnant (provided it is not a high risk pregnancy).
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 6:49 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Fetuses are much more resilient than we give them credit for. You're not made of glass, you're only pregnant.
    Ataemommy

Answer by Ataemommy at 6:59 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• this is totally normal hun, infact we get down right silly about it at times. but the baby is stronger than you give it credit for, so befor eyou go beating yourself up from eating two chocolate bars, or go swimming{which by the way is very healthy and feels so good when the belly weights so much!} or drink a glass of tea or two, or dont drink all 8 glasses of water plus the two glasses of milk and you start trying to drown yourself with the missing glasses before bed, relax! use common sense{ie dont smoke, or drink alcoholic drinks, or get on rides that cause jerky body movements} and your baby and you will be fine. with my first i was the same way, my little girl came out just fine! shes two now and we have a son on the way and i am much more relaxed than i was the first go around
    bamamommy2009

Answer by bamamommy2009 at 7:48 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I was very cautious my whole pregnancy .. I did ALOT of researching and asking the dr questions.. don't be afraid to ask.. and if there is something you aren't comfortable with doing.. don't do it.. that's what I did.. for example everyone I know dyed their hair while pregnant.. I choose not to.. I wasn't comfortable with doing so..
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 9:36 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• deff. normal to feel this way...Talk to ur doctor...they will reassure u and there are MOMMY groups for support!! I have done everything pregnant except the no nos lol...I did dye my hair still do at 28weeks....(2nd pregnancy) I swim go to the waterpark.....we travel to see family every month...and take my son to the theme park alot. I think it all depends on how comfortable u are with things. (((I HAVE HAD 3misscarriges))) so i am scared alot but doctor told me to not let it run my pregnancy because i wont enjoy it!! Goodluck mama hope things get better!!
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 9:55 PM on Jun. 21, 2011