How do you have energy in the afternoon without caffeine?

I get the worst energy slumps in the afternoon and get so tired but need to get so much done, what are some good tips for having lots of energy?

lauralivivy

Asked by lauralivivy at 6:32 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I dont have that problem I kinda like I wind down then. I drink so much caffeine in the morning I am like wildly hyper lmao.

Answer by gemgem at 6:35 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• If I exercise in the morning I find I have more energy throughout the day.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 6:37 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I use to take prenatal's even when I wasnt pregnant that helped balance me out so I didnt need so much coffee
    HypoHeartBaby

Answer by HypoHeartBaby at 6:37 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• A workout in the morning can be all you need for energy throughout the day, but even if you need a quick jolt, do a quick 10 minute workout....either a dvd, or just walk in place, build to a jog then do some jumping jacks, back down to a jog and then a walk and you should feel alert.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:41 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Vitamin B 12. The liquid works the best. :-) Sometimes, to just totally relax and shut your eyes for about 15 minutes, re-energizes me.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 6:44 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• eating better fruits and veggies
    hopeful_mommy_

Answer by hopeful_mommy_ at 6:52 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• dunno...I just had starbucks :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:06 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Fatigue is the first sign of dehydration. You need to make sure you're drinking plenty of water, especially now that it's summer. Exercising early in the day can really help, too. Make sure you're eating a balanced diet. There's no wonder food or wonder vitamin (including B12) that will make you feel more alert aside from something with caffeine. Also, if you're drinking coffee in the mornings, it's probably wearing off in the afternoon, which can make you feel tired. Get moving when you start to feel that way. Getting your blood going will help perk you up and get some oxygen to your brain.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:25 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Believe it or not, a caffeine addiction can lead to energy slumps. If you're addicted, try to break the habit...you'll be surprised once the addiction is gone you'll have more energy. Also make sure you're not loading up on simple sugars and carbohydrates and eating well and getting enough sleep. What you eat, how much you exercise and eating well can all help you have more energy. Most people have an afternoon energy slump because they're so hyped up on simple sugar and caffeine that when it leaves the bloodstream their blood sugar drops and they feel lethargic.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 8:37 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Exercise more often and you will have more energy.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:26 PM on Jun. 22, 2011