How many mom's are on here that have ever given a child up for adoption?

HypoHeartBaby

Asked by HypoHeartBaby at 6:36 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Adoption

• I never have.. but here is a bump
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 6:38 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• thought about it but did not... does not really help though.

Liveatmo

Answer by Liveatmo at 7:17 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Liveatmo...what doesnt help hun?
    HypoHeartBaby

Comment by HypoHeartBaby (original poster) at 7:22 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• There are lots of us. You can meet us in the birthmoms group: http://www.cafemom.com/group/4974 

onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 8:16 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• i havent, i dont know how someone could i have been around girls that dont want anything to do with them an i just dont understand y
    BOOKER123ABC

Answer by BOOKER123ABC at 11:37 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• My brother has. Well, I suppose it was his girlfriend's decision more than his. They were both young; I think he was 17 and she was 16. We didn't even know she existed until a friend of his showed up at our house and asked us if we wanted to see a picture of "Michael's baby". She was about 3 in the picture, I think. I think she turns 16 this year.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 7:51 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• wow awesome stories thanks for that site and BOOKER123ABC I dont think you quite understand the situation that some girls go through when it comes to adoption. Im sorry but Im gonna have to say I am extremely happy my boy was adopted and not murdered (with abortion) and I wasnt ready to be a mom at 17 and alot of girls arent ready to be moms at young ages so therefore we choose adoption and it can be a very beautiful thing. Now I was a little rude and Im sorry but how would you feel knowing you could NEVER have children? Wouldnt you want to have and hold a child who otherwise would have gone through foster care till they were 18?
    HypoHeartBaby

Comment by HypoHeartBaby (original poster) at 12:34 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Op, I want to thank you for chosing life for your son! As a Mom that was blessed with one miracle biologically, and unable to have more, I thank God for Mom's that give the gift of a precious little one to a family that otherwise will never know the joy of holding a new baby in their arms! We just adopted a special needs little child that spent their first 4 years in a hospital and we are hoping to adopt again in the near future, we can't wait to be blessed with another little gift from God!!
    TiffyTaffy79

Answer by TiffyTaffy79 at 9:18 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I have and it is still hard to deal with even 20 years later. Glad I chose life for her and was adopted by a great family.
    ramajil

Answer by ramajil at 10:32 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• ramajil It will always be hard its hard for me but Ive settled with thank god for the family i chose for him with me he would have had to gone to school at a farm school he would have sacraficed the right to go to college cuz i cant afford it among other things and he had a heart condition that I just couldnt handle but his mommy and daddy now are a heart surgeon and a media producer so all I have to say is my Jax hit the jackpot of mommy and daddy hes even in a movie :) no kidding. But any way Im very happy with my decision and will never look back about it I have a family and am just now calling Jaxon my Jax instead of my son lol
    HypoHeartBaby

Comment by HypoHeartBaby (original poster) at 3:38 PM on Jun. 25, 2011